Director of Agricultural Marketing, Telangana State, Hyderabad has informed that the Special Officer, Agricultural Market Committee, Nizamabad has submitted that, the proposals of the District Collector, Nizamabad has been examined and observed that, the idea of supply of Gunny bags to farmers at village level through PAC Society to relieve the farmer from the clutches of middle men at Village Level.
The most of the farmers are depending for any need required to him such as transportation, Price trade, market price information and Gunny bags for transportation of their produce to the Market Yard for sale.
It is further submitted that, to overcome from the clutches of the middlemen there is a dire need to supply the Gunny bags through PAC Society to farmers at Village level.
For which the modalities and procedure shall be followed at the District level while procuring Gunny bags by the Agricultural Market Committee, Nizamabad.
It is a pilot run experimental basis have to implement in Nizamabad Agricultural Market Committee only for effective implementation of NAM and Direct Purchase centre of Nizamabad Market Yard.
The Director of Agricultural Marketing has proposed certain modalities and guidelines and requested the Government to accord permission for supply of gunny bags which will be restricted to 2 or 3 villages on experimental basis (Piolt Basis) as was decide in the meeting with Nizamabad Collector on 21.02.2017 and approve the modalities and guidelines and requested for issue of early orders in the matter.
Government after careful examination of the matter, here by permit the Director of Agricultural Marketing, Hyderabad for supply of gunny bags which will be restricted to 2 or 3 villages on experimental basis (Pilot Basis) in Agricultural Market Committee, Nizamabad as decided in the meeting with Collector, Nizamabad and hereby approve the modalities and guidelines annexed to this order for implementation on pilot basis
The Director of Agricultural Marketing, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
Guidelines to purchase gunny bags in Telangana State
G.O.Rt.No.164 , Agri. & Coop. (Mktg.II) Dept. Dt.22.03.2017.
The following modalities / guidelines for implementation of purchase and provide gunny bags to the farmers through PACS in Agricultural Market Committee, Nizamabad.
- The AMC shall obtain the indents from each PAC Societies where the turmeric production Mandal and Villages located and growers available in the Village and after assessing the demand from the farmer.
- The Collected indents of all PAC Society shall be processed to the District Collector for calling the tenders for procurement of Gunny Bags duly giving the vide publicity in local leading in News Papers.
- The District Administration shall finalize the tender process and place the order for supply of who quoted lowest rate in the open auction.
- The supply Agency shall provide all the Gunny Bags to the Agricultural Market Committee, Nizamabad as per the quality and standard parameters in force.
- The Secretary of AMC shall thoroughly verify the quality of the stock of Gunny bags supplied by the Agency whether that is quality or not as per norms & Specification fixed.
- After satisfying the stock supplied by Agency the AMC shall be distributed to the respective, Secretary of the PAC Society as per the indent with due acknowledgement.
- The VRO and AO, Secretary of the PAC Society shall jointly give vide publicity among the farmers about the benefits of the direct purchase centre and functioning of e-NAM in Market Yard.
- The Secretary of the PACs Societies of respective villagers shall encourage the farmers to take the empty Gunny Bags by depositing the total cost of Gunny Bags for transporting their Agril.Produce to Market yard Nizamabad to sale their produce in the Direct Purchase Counter in opened by the Agricultural Market Committee, Nizamabad in the Market yard of Sradhanand Gunj.
- The farmers after selling their produces at Market yard Nizamabad, They should collect the empty Gunny Bags and return to the respective PAC Society in their village and collect the amount deposited as advance duly making the payment of nominal rent for each bag as fixed by District Collector, Nizamabad.
- The PAC Society shall maintain the separate account for the amount collected from the farmers as a rent and same shall be used for repairing the Gunny Bags and make them to re-used by the farmers. So that the life time of Gunny Bags will increase and that shall be used more number of times.
- The Secretary of PAC Society, VRO and AO Shall encourage the farmers to grade their produce at field level and bring to the Market Yard for sale. So that the grade quality will get more price in the online bidding system.
- The Secretary of Agricultural Market Committee shall ensure that farmers who brings their produce to the Direct Purchase Centre shall be sold in a transparency way and also ensure to make sale proceeds on the same day to the farmer.