2. Several sections of the society have voluntarily participated in the movements demanding th e Central and State Governments for creation of the State of Telangana. Non-Gazetted, Gazetted and other cl asses of employees have played a n important role in building up the mo vement in a peaceful and democ r atic manner and in mobilising the support of the nation for the just demand. The contribution of the em ployees community was immense in the emergence of the State of Telangana.
3. In token of appreciation of the role played by the e mployee community, the Government have decided to sanction a special increment by name Tela ngana Increment to the employees to mark fulfilment of the longstan ding demand for formation of separate State of Telangana.
4. Accordingly, Government hereby order sanction of Te langana Increment in the nature of a special pay equivalent to the immediate previous increment draw n in their current pay scale, which wo uld be a permanently fixed amount during the entire period of service (lik e earlier family planning incremen t), to the following categories of em ployees serving the Government of Telangana.
a) All em ployees of the State Government who are in receipt of pay in a regular pay scale in th e RPS, 2010/U GC/AICTE pay scales.
b) Employees of the Local Bodies, Agricultural Market Committees, Zilla Grandhalaya Samasthas and Aided Institutions, who are in receipt of pay in a reg ular pay scale in the RPS, 2010.
c) Work-charged establishment in receipt of pay in a regular pay scale in the RPS, 2010.
d) Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of Universities who are drawing pay in a regular scale of pay in the RPS, 2010/UGC/AICTE pay scales.
5. The above sanction shall also extend to such of the above categories of employees who are presently not ordered to serve provisionally in connection with the affairs of the State of Telangana, but are finally allotted to the State of Telangana in terms of the provisions of the AP. Reorganisation Act, 2014, on and with effect from the date/month of their reporting in the Government of Telangana pursuant to such final allotment.
6. The Telangana Increment (special pay), as mentioned in para (3) supra, shall be an amount equivalent to the immediate previous increment drawn in the current pay scale of the post held by the employee in the Revised Pay Scales 2010/corresponding UGC/AICTE pay scales.
7. The Telangana Increment shall be sanctioned by the authority who is competent to sanction an increment in the pay scale admissible to the employee, through an office order/proceedings on the basis of this G.O.
8. The Telangana Increment shall be shown in the pay bill separately and distinctly as a special pay.
9. The Telangana Increment (special pay) shall be a permanently fixed amount separately attached to the pay during the entire period of service and shall not be reckoned for the purposes of fixation of pay on promotion or otherwise in future.
10. No allowance such as DA, HRA, CCA or any other allowance shall be admissible on the Telangana Increment.
11. The Telangana Increment shall not be taken into account for the purposes of fixation of pension and pensionary benefits such as Gratuity and commutation of pension.
12. The Telangana Increment shall be payable starting with the salary for the month of August, 2014.
13. The expenditure on the above special pay shall be debited to the Head of Account to which the present pay and allowances are being debited. 14. All the Departments of Secretariat and Head of Departments, Registrar of all Universities are requested to take necessary action accordingly.