Across the country 21st October every year, is observed as Police Martyr’s Day to commemorate and pay a hearty tribute to those dedicated brave souls who made supreme sacrifices in laying down their lives in service of Nation and its people while battling the divisive, anti-national and anti-social elements. This year in total 437 Police personnel were killed all over the country while on duty and in Telangana State, 4 Police personnel were killed while on duty.
The history of commemoration day traces back to 21st October, 1959, when a patrol party of CRPF, led by SI Karam Singh was ambushed by Chinese forces at Hot Springs, Ladakh and 10 Jawans fighting at 16,000 ft. altitude, in extremely cold conditions and against all odds. It is an epitome of the rarest of the rare courage. Their martyrdom on October 21st, 1959 is remembered and marked as the Police Commemoration Day.
Commemorative activities organized in our State:
A Commemoration week is observed from 15-10-2015 to 21-10-2015 throughout the State in all Districts, Units and Battalions and variety of programmes are conducted as follows:
Open House (Police Stations are open for visiting and observation by the public) in Police Stations was observed from 15th October onwards. On these days, various Schools, colleges, youth clubs, associations, citizen groups etc., were invited to visit their neighbouring Police Stations and interact with the Police Officers. Finger Prints, Foot Printing set, VHF sets were displayed and children were allowed to take finger prints etc., with a view to demystifying the misconceptions about the Police functioning etc. An exhibition was also organized by the Director, FSL to the school children.
Essay writing, painting, cartoons, debating, free verse and writing competitions were conducted for School and College students. The theme is centred around Policeman and the Police in general.
• Elocution and Essay writing competitions were held in all districts for
students on the topic “MATHASAMARASYAM NELAKOLPUTALO POURULA PATHRA” and prizes will be given to 15t, 2″ and 3rd winners.
Essay writing competition for Police men on topic “PRAJA SAMBANDALU PEMPONDINCHUKONADAMULO POLICE LA PATHRA” was conducted on 15-10-2015 and prizes will be given to 1″ , 2nd and 3rd winners.
This year, competitions were held for general public in district/unit level and State level in “Photography” and “Short Video Film” . The theme for the competitions was “People Friendly Policing — Role of Police in social activities”. Cash prizes to the winners, i.e. 1st(Rs.1,00,000/-), 2nd (Rs. 50,0000, 3rd (Rs. 25,000/-) and 5 consolation prizes in each category at district/ unit level and State level will be given. Total 563 photos and 103 short video films from members of public have come for competition. Karimnagar district has topped the list with 130 photographs and 26 short video films. At state level, the cash prizes will be presented by the Hon’ble Chief Minister in Commemoration Day parade on 21-10-2015.
Blood donation camps were organized in all districts, units and Battalions.
Till 17-10-2015, in all 1722 students participated in essay writing competition, 666 students participated in elocution competition,789 students participated in painting competition and 116 students participated in cartoon competition. Further, 700 Police personnel
participated in essay writing competition and 639 Police personnel donated blood. These programmes will continue till 21-10-2015 and prizes will be distributed to the winners on 21-10-2015.
COMMEMORATION (SMRITI) PARADE AT GOSHAMAHAL STADIUM
On 21″ October, 2015 at 0800 hrs, Commemoration Parade will be held at Police Martyrs Memorial, Goshamahal stadium, Hyderabad. Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana State will attend the parade and wreaths will be laid by him at the Martyrs’ Memorial. The arms will be reversed and two minutes silence will be observed in the honour of the departed souls.
The names of Police martyrs of States, Police and para-military forces are read out to acknowledge with pride the supreme sacrifices made by them.
Invitation and detailed minute to minute programme and composition of parade is herewith enclosed for your reference.
Members of the news media are cordially invited to attend and are requested to be seated at the press gallery by 07.45 AM on 21st October, 2015. Members of the public are also welcome to attend this moving tribute to our country’s Police officials, who died whilst striving to protect and serve their country.
Consolidated list of Police personnel killed / met with unnatural death on duty
during the period from 01-09-2014 to 31-08-2015 in Telangana State
|Name||Name of the Unit||Cause of death.|
|1||S.1.||D. Siddaiah||Nalgonda dist.||Killed by SIMI
|2||PC 3004||Ch. Nagaraju
|3||PC 3273||M. Lingaiah||-do-||-do-|
The ex-gratia and other monetary benefits for which the families of above deceased personnel are eligible, have been paid. Proposals were sent to the Govt. for providing compassionate appointment and allotment of house site to the wife of the S.I. House sites were allotted to the families of 2 PCs and Home Guard in Nalgonda district. Proposals for providing compassionate appointments to the families of PCs and Home Guard have been sent to the Collector, Nalgonda. The same are under process.
Welfare measures to bereaved families :
|SI.No.||Category of beneficiaries||Exgratia in
case of death
in case of
in case of
|1||PC ,||Rs. 40 lakhs (enhanced recently)||Rs. 10 lakhs||Rs. 3 lakhs.|
|2||HC to SI||Rs. 25 lakhs||Rs. 10 lakhs||Rs. 3 Iakhs|
|3||Insprs. and above ranks.||Rs. 30 lakhs||Rs. 10 Iakhs||Rs. 3 Iakhs|
Proposals were sent to the Govt. for enhancement of exgratia and compensation in case of injuries, as follows:
|SI.No.||Category of beneficiaries||Exgratia in
case of death
in case of
in case of
|1||PC to AS1||Rs. 40 Iakhs (no change)||Rs. 25 Iakhs||Rs. 5 Iakhs.|
|2||Sls||Rs. 45 lakhs||Rs. 25 lakhs||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|3||Insprs. ,DSsP and Addl. Ss.P.||Rs. 50 lakhs||Rs. 30 lakhs||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|4||Ss.P. and all IPS Officers||Rs. 1 Crore||Rs. 50 lakhs||Rs. 6 lakhs|
- Last Drawn Pay of the deceased + HRA will be paid to the spouse/ dependent family member till the projected date of retirement of This pay gets revised in every successive PRC.
- Compassionate appointment and House site will be provided to the spouse/ dependent family member.
- Free education will be provided to the children of deceased in State Residential Schools and Jr.Colleges.
- 75% concession will be given to the widow of deceased in trains for traveling in 2nd
- Group personal accident insurance policy amount, ranging from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakhs will be paid.
2% seats in Engineering and 0.25% seats in MBBS/BDS courses are reserved for the children of deceased.
The widow will be enrolled into Bhadratha Scheme.
Arogya Bhadratha facility has been extended to the widow. (b) In case of unnatural death cases like accidents/ natural calamities: ? Exgratia of Rs. 1 lakh will be paid to the
family. Insurance amount of Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakhs will be paid through Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
A Proposal was sent to the Govt. vide C.O. letter dated 21-8-2014 for grant of exgratia and other relief measures to the Police personnel, who expired/received injuries in violence committed by anti-social elements. Orders of the Govt. are awaited.
The Flag Fund was sanctioned for the following purposes during the year from October,2014 to September,2015:
An amount of Rs. 15,00,000/- was sanctioned from the Central Flag Fund as matching grant for construction of Martyrs Memorial Hall at Vikarabad, Ranga Reddy district.
An amount of Rs. 9,60,206/- was spent from the Flag Fund during the period from 1-10-2014 to 30-9-2015 for running the Police Boys Hostel at Amberpet, Hyderabad.
Marriage grant of Rs. 6,50,000/- was sanctioned to the daughters of (13) deceased Police personnel @ Rs. 50,000/- each.
Assistance provided from Central Welfare Fund:
An amount of Rs. 1,74,86,900/- was sanctioned through Group Personal Accident Insurance Policies to 36 personnel who met with unnatural death/injured.
- Exgratia of Rs.22,60,000/- lakhs was sanctioned to 24 personnel.
- Corpus fund / widow fund to a tune of Rs. 62,10,000/- was sanctioned to 157 beneficiaries.
- Medical loans to a tune of Rs.2,50,000I- were sanctioned to 7
- Marriage loan amount of Rs. 3,12,08,400/- was sanctioned to 392
- Merit Scholarships worth Rs. 72,03,000/- were sanctioned to 2647
- Meritorious scholarships were sanctioned to 25 children amounting to 5,95,000/-.
- Education loan amount of Rs. 1,25,000/- was sanctioned to 7 member.
- Welfare Compendium has been brought out with all the relevant G.O.s and Circulars relating to the welfare measures being taken and circulated to each Police station of the state. It was also placed in Police Intranet for ready reference.
Entire Police force including the ministerial staff (58,502) are covered under Bhadratha scheme. The loans sanctioned during the period from 1-102014 to 30-09-2015 are as follows:
- In natural death cases exgratia of Rs. 3.92 crores was paid to 172 deceased families and in accidental death cases Rs. 1.32 crores was paid to 31 families.
- House loans to a tune of Rs. 24.02 crores was sanctioned to 451
- An amount of Rs. 12.64 crores to 153 members was sanctioned towards Educational Loan.
An amount of 40.27 crores was sanctioned to 3270 members towards Personal Loan.
An amount of Rs. 4.00 lakhs was sanctioned to 11 members towards Computer Loan.
In 35 cases of Personal loans worth Rs. 16.00 lakhs and 11 cases of House Building loans worth Rs. 39.00 lakhs were written-off during the year as the members died. ? An amount of Rs. 5.51 Crores has been refunded to 1002 members on their retirement.
Total 60,376 members are covered under Arogya Bhadratha Scheme, the total beneficiaries including spouse and three dependant children in each family, aggregate to 4.00 lakhs.
The scheme helps members financially up to Rs. 8.00 lakhs in a financial year and in special cases Rs. 15.00 lakhs
At present 94 Super Speciality Hospitals all over Telangana state are accredited under Arogya Bhadratha Scheme. Applications of 58 new hospitals are pending for inspection and empanelment under ABS.
During the year, 13,940 members availed the Scheme and an amount of Rs. 33.71 Crores was paid to the hospitals.
4 Medical camps were conducted by ABS during the year for different ailments.
From the inception of the scheme, 1,03,761 members were provided treatment under Arogya Bhadratha scheme. An amount of Rs. 300.72 crores was paid to the network hospitals.
Physically challenged dependent children irrespective of their age, are covered under ABS.
The following proposals have been sent to the Govt. and the orders are awaited:
- Inclusion of dependent parents of Police personnel in ABS
- Biennial Health check up for Police personnel over 40 years till superannuation of service e (9 times)
Enhance the ceiling limit of reimbursement amount of Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 5 lakhs and Rs. 2 lakhs to 7.50 lakhs.
Implementation of CGHS-2014 rates.
CENTRAL POLICE CANTEENS
- CSD (Canteen Store Depot) was established in 1927 for central Armed forces
- This facility was extended to Central Police Organizations in the year
- Subsequently as a welfare measure to the State Police forces, this facility was extended to all the States in the Country.
- of India has so far sanctioned 18 CPCs to various units in Telangana, out of which 15 CPCs have started functioning and the remaining 3 CPCs will be opened shortly.
- The total members to be covered under this scheme are around 3.00 Lakhs including retired Police personnel and their family members.
- Nearly 212 firms/ companies manufacturing branded products are supplying all essential commodities and consumer items to the CPCs at a discount rate of 20 to 25% of the market rate.
- has been requested to exempt the items covered under CPCs from the VAT.
The following allowances have been sanctioned to the Home Guards:
- Duty allowance has been enhanced from Rs. 300/- to Rs. 400/- per day.
- Parade allowance is paid @ Rs. 100/- per month.
- Washing allowance is paid @Rs. 150/- per month.
- Uniform and kit allowance is paid © Rs. 2,000/- per annum.
Welfare Schemes provided to Home Guards:
- In the violence caused by extremists/ anti-social elements, the families of Home Guards are paid exgratia amount of Rs. 5 lakhs in case of death, Rs. 2 lakh in case of permanent incapacitation and 75,000/- in case of grievous hurt.
- Implementation of Social Security Scheme for Transports, drivers/Home Guars/Working Journalist in Telangana State of a coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs accidental insurance for which an amount of Rs. 2 lakhs will come from the Pradhana Mantri Suraksha Bheema Yojana(PMSBY) Scheme and Rs. 3 lakhs from the State Govt. the entire cost of premium for Rs. 5 lakhs accident insurance of beneficiary covered under the Scheme shall be paid by the State
- An amount of Rs. 20,000/- will be paid from Central Welfare Fund of Home Guards in death cases.
- An amount of Rs. 15,000/- is sanctioned as grant in case of natural
- For Children’s education Rs. 1,000/- to Rs. 4,000/- will be sanctioned as a grant.
- For marriage of daughter, an amount of Rs. 5,000/- will be paid as grant (limited to one child).