Whereas, by virtue of section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the State of Telangana comprising the territories specified therein has been formed on and from the appointed date i.e. of 02.06.2014.
2. And whereas, in section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014, a provision has been made for the purpose of facilitating the application of any law (as defined in section 2(f) of the Act), made before the appointed day, in relation to the State of Andhra Pradesh or the State of Telangana, the appropriate Government may before expiration of two years from 02.06.2014, by order, make such adaptations and modifications of the law, whether by way of repeal or amendment, as may be necessary or expedient, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority;
3. And whereas, the Andhra Pradesh Payment of Wages Rules, 1937 made under the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 vide G.O. first read above and published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette, Rules Supplement to Part-I-Extraordinary, dated 27.1.1961.
4. And whereas, after careful examination, Government have decided to adapt the said Andhra Pradesh Payment of Wages Rules, 1937 which are in force as on 01.06.2014 with certain modifications.
5. Accordingly, the following notification shall be published in an Extra-ordinary Issue of the Telangana Gazette, dated: 16.12.2015.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby, order for adaptation of the Andhra Pradesh Payment of Wages Rules, 1937 to the State of Telangana.
1. This order may be called “The Andhra Pradesh Payment of Wages Rules, 1937 (Telangana Adoption) Order, 2015.
2. Throughout the Andhra Pradesh Payment of Wages Rules, 1937, for the words “Andhra Pradesh” (occurring otherwise than in a citation or description or title of other laws including the Rules as the case may be), the word “Telangana” shall be substituted.
// 2 //
3. In rule 17-A, for sub-rule (4), the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“(4) An amount equal to 20 percent of 36 monthly wages of the employed person may be granted as loan for purchase of house site.”
4. After rule 18, the following provision shall be added, namely:-
“Provided that the Government may, by order, devise or notify consolidated forms for maintaining registers and records and furnishing reports and returns in lieu of the forms prescribed under these Rules:
Provided, further that the Government may allow the registers and records to be maintained in computerized or digital formats.”
5. In rule 19, in sub-rule (2), for clause (c) the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“(c) pleaders fees which shall be within the limits as notified by the State Government from time to time.”
6. For rule 21, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“21 Court – fees :- The court fee payable in respect of proceedings under the act shall be as notified by the State Government from time to time provided that the authority or the court may in consideration of the poverty of the applicant, reduce or remit this fee:
Provided, further that no fee shall be chargeable in respect of an application presented by an Inspector.”
7. Rule 25 shall be omitted.