The Commissioner & Director of Agriculture, Telangana, Hyderabad, in the letter 2nd read above, has stated that National Food Security Mission (NFSM), a flagship programme of Government of India, is under implementation in the State since Rabi 2007-08 and a State Food Security Mission Executive Committee (SFSMEC), was constituted During 2014-15 a new state of Telangana is formed w.e.f. 02.06.2014 and the revised guidelines under the scheme are also received from GOI for implementation. Therefore, a State Food Security Mission Executive Committee (SFSMEC), is to be constituted.
2. The C&DA, Telangana, Hyderabad has requested that to issue orders for constitution of State Food Security Mission Executive committee(SFSMEC) at the State Level and District Food Security Mission Executive Committee (DFSMEC) at the district level for Telangana State.
3. Government after careful consideration hereby constitute the State level Executive Committee and District Level Executive Committee as
I) STATE LEVEL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (State Food Security Mission Executive Committee)
1. Chief Secretary to Government – Chairman.
2. APC & Principal Secretary (A&C) – Member
3. Principal Secretary (Irrigation) – Member
4. Principal Secretary (Power) – Member
5. Principal Secretary (Panchayat Raj) – Member
6. Principal Secretary (Social Welfare Deptt.- Member
7. Vice Chancellor of ANGRAU – Member
8. Secretary (Tribunal Welfare) – Member
9. Director/Project Director ICAR Institutes CRIDA, DRR, DSR & DOR – Member
10. Representative of NABARD – Member
11. Representative of Lead Bank – Member
12. State Mission Director & Commissioner & Director of Agriculture. – Member
II. DISTRICT LEVEL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (District Food Security Mission Executive Committee):
1. District Collector – Chairman
2. Joint Director of Agriculture – Member
3. Project Director ATMA – Member
4. Representative of NABARD – Member
5. Representative of Lead Bank – Member
6. Representative of KVK/ICAR/ANGRAU – Member
7. Representative from line departments (AH and Horticulture) – Member
8. Nominated progressive farmers – Member
9. Representative from Self Help Groups of farmers – Member
10. Representative from reputed NGOs – Member
4. The Chairman, DFSMEC, may nominate additional official/persons of importance as felt necessary.
5. The key Responsibilities of the State Food Security Mission (SFSM) are appended to this order as Annexure.
6. The Commissioner & Director of Agriculture, Telangana shall take further necessary follow up action in the matter.
The Key Responsibilities of State Food Security Mission.
(1) Prepare perspective and State Action Plan in consonance with the Mission goals and objectives and in close coordination with State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and 1CAR Institutes.
(2) Implementation of the Mission programmes in the State through farmers societies, Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Growers’ Associations, Self Help Groups, State Institutions and other similar
(3) Organize workshops, seminars and training programmmes for Farmers and other Stake holders at the State level with the help of State Agriculture Universities and ICAR Institutes in the state.
(4) Funds would be directly received by it from the National Food Security Mission to execute the approved Action Plan for the State.
G.O.Rt.No. 4 Dated:16-06-2014.
1. G.O.Ms.No.313, Agrl. & Co-op. Department, dated 10.11.2007.
2. From the C&DA, Department of Agriculture, Govt. of Telangana, Hyderabad, Letter No.N.F.S.M./8/14, dated 10.06.2014