Government of Telangana State with GO 75 on 17 November 2015, Whereas, by virtue of Section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in the State of Telangana before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority;
2. And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt the Andhra Pradesh Fire Service Act, 1999 (Act No.15 of 1999) for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
3. Now, therefore, after careful examination, Government have decided to adapt “the Andhra Pradesh Fire Service Act, 1999” (Act No.15 of 1999), which are in force as on 01.06.2014 with modifications as required.
4. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in an Extraordinary Issue of the Telangana State Gazette, dated:20.11.2015.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following order, namely:-
1. (1) This order may be called “The Andhra Pradesh Fire Service
Act, 1999” (Telangana Adaptation Order) 2015.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from
2. The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 shall apply for
the interpretation of this order as it applies for the
interpretation of a State Act.
3. For the purpose of this Order and the Act adapted herein, the expression “the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
4. Throughout the Act, for the words “Andhra Pradesh” occurring otherwise than in a citation or description or title of other enactments, the word “Telangana” shall be substituted;
5. In section 13 for sub-section (2) the following shall be substituted, namely;
“ (2) The Director General or any member of the service duly authorised by him in this behalf, shall within sixty days of receipt of such application or on inspection being satisfied about the provision of Fire Prevention and Safety measures as stipulated in the National Building Code of India, as amended from time to time, and for ensuring heights and setbacks as per the Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Act, 1955, Telangana urban Areas (Development) Act, 1975 , Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) Act, 2008, Telangana Municipal Corporations Act, 1994, Telangana Municipalities Act, 1965, Andhra Pradesh Town Planning Act, 1920 and Rules, made there under as amended from time to time shall issue a no objection certificates with such conditions as may be considered necessary and if not so satisfied, reject the same for reasons to be recorded in writing.”
- The Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014).
- From the Director General, Telangana State Disaster Response and Fire Services, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.6942/E1/2002, dt. 29.10.2015.