Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in the State of Telangana before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014; and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority;
2. And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt, the Rules for Decision of Election Disputes, 1967 which are in force as on 01.06.2014 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
3. Now, therefore, after careful examination, Government have decided to adapt the Rules for Decision of Election Disputes, 1967 which are in force as on 01.06.2014.
4. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in an Extraordinary issue of the Telangana State Gazette, dated: 23.11.2015.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. (1) This order may be called the Rules for Decision of Election Disputes, 1967 (Telangana Adaptation Order) 2015.
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. In the Andhra Pradesh Municipalities ( Decision of Election Disputes) Rules, 1967 throughout the Rules (except occurring in the citation of other Acts) for the words “Andhra Pradesh” the word “Telangana” shall be substituted.
Rules – Adaptation – Rules for Decision of Election Disputes, 1967. – Adaptation to the State of Telangana – Orders – Issued. MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (C1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 173 Dated: 23/11/2015
1 The Rules for Decision of Election Disputes, 1967, issued in G.O.Ms.No.1118, MA Dept., dt:17.08.1967 and G.O.Ms.No.587 MA Department, dt:21.09.1967.
2. The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014)