Sports persons who win International and National Medals including their Coaches Govt. have sanctioning the Cash Awards since 2000 as motivational package as per the orders issued.
VC&MD, Sports Authority of Telangana Sate has furnished the following revised proposals for sanctioning the cash awards to the Sports Persons and Coaches in place of the existing package at para 11 in the G.O and requested to consider and issue necessary orders in this regard:-
Cash incentives to Sports persons and Coaches
I) Revised Proposals for extending cash awards to the sports persons
The Cash Awards are primarily given to motivate the sports person to achieve excellence in their field and to attract the younger generation to take Sports as a career.
Such awards are also given to compensate the Medal winners of National/International Sports events for the expenses incurred by them towards their coaching, equipment and preparation for the Tournament, and these Awards would also offer an economic support to the Sports persons after their peak sporting career and will help them in later part of their life.
1) Scheme of Cash Awards to Medal winners in International Sports Events:
The Cash Awards will be given for winning Medals and titles in prestigious International Sports events held during the preceding year (from 1st January to 31st December of the year) of the Award.
2) Eligible Sports Disciplines
i) Olympic Games/World Championships:-
The Cash Awards may be given to Olympic Games medallists and all World Championship medallists for the disciplines which exists in Olympic Games of first three places.
Cash incentives to Sports persons and coaches shall also be given for the medal winners in the disciplines conducted in Para Olympics and Special Olympics of first three places.
The Cash Awards shall be extended to the Non Olympic games which are mostly played in Telangana State Rural areas as per local popularity, no. of players involved as per the availability of grant considering the financial status of the Sports for first three places.
ii) Asian Games:-
The cash Awards may be given for Asian Games medalists of first three places.
iii) Commonwealth Games:
The Cash Awards may be given for commonwealth Games medallists of first three places.
iv) National Games:
The Cash Awards may be given for National Games medallists of first three places.
3) Awards as mentioned above shall be awarded or extended to medallists only on the declaration of the winner that they have been trained by the particular Coach for period of last two years.
4) The Cash awards may also be considered to reward the coaches who belong to Telangana only for their contribution in training the medallists for at least 2 years before the competition.
5) The affiliated State Sports/Games Associations shall recommended the Medal Winners and Coaches as per eligibility and that the player represents the Telangana State in that discipline. It should be singed by the President or Secretary of the State Sports/Games Association. The attested Xerox Copies of the Certificate of winning medals/position/titles given by the corresponding Sports Federations should be enclosed invariably
6) Any State sports & Games Association which is not affiliated with Sports Authority of Telangana State, will not be extended any facilities/assistance from Sports Authority of Telangana State and similarly the concerned player will also not be eligible for the Cash Award. It is to ensure that Sports Associations and Sports persons who are organically linked with Sports Authority of Telangana State in promotion of their sports get the required promotion
7) The Sports Authority of Telangana State/Government of Telangana State reserves the right to give Cash Awards even is the case is not sponsored by any Association, if it is satisfied with the eligibility norms laid down in the guidelines.
8) These revised Special Cash incentives to Sports persons and coaches will be applicable with prospective effect i.e., with effect from the date of issue of G.O. by the Government with out opening past cases.
9) “Further, the Government as a matter of policy decides not to give any land/House site for the Medal Winners and shall provide only cash Awards to the Medal winners as per eligibility”.
10)The Medalists of State Sports and Games Associations affiliated with Sports Authority of Telangana State shall be eligible for the Cash Awards. The Sports persons who receive the cash awards shall use/display the Sports Authority of Telangana State Logo and acknowledge in various tournaments/programmes.
II) The Proposed modified Cash Awards for International and National Sports persons on category wise are as follows:-
(Amount in Rupees)
|Existing package||Proposed package|
in Olympic disciplines
|9||International Grand Master (IGM)||–||3,00,000|
|International Women Master(IWM)||1,00,000|
In Chess apart from awarding medals or positions in Championships, certain titles are also awarded for creditable performances in standard events, which is something unique in Chess. Therefore, Special Awards will be available not only for winning the international championship, but also for winning the title given by FIDE (International Chess Federation. Quite often in chess there is a tie between two or more persons on teams eve-on first, second and third positions, in such a situation, the overall award amount, including that of the team, determined according to rules that follow in this paragraph will be reduced to half. The cash awards will not be given for the achievements in Raid Chess. The Women players will be eligible for the Special Award either for the title of IWM or IM but not both.
Title of “International Grand Master” will be given to both Men Chess players and women chess players. Special awards may not be given just for breaking the existing World/Asian Commonwealth records or the Olympic/Asian/ Commonwealth Games records.
These are the events where competition is among the teams. Each team has more than one person as member.
Non Olympic /Local Games
The Cash Awards may be extended to the Non Olympic games which are mostly played in Telangana State Rural areas as per local popularity, number of players involved, as per the availability of grant considering the financial status of the sports persons. This awards amount may be sanctioned by the VC&MD, SATS depending on the need of motivation up to Rs.1.00 lakhs and the Principal Secretary to Government YAT&C(S) Department. Government of Telangana State may sanction above Rs.1.00 lakhs to Rs.2.00 lakhs and the Hon’ble Minister for Sports may sanction from Rs.3.00 lakhs to 5.00 lakhs and over and above Rs.5.00 lakhs the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana State may be requested for sanction.
The amount of Cash Incentives shall be determined as under:-
|A team of two persons||1 ½ times divided by No. of Team members|
|A team of 3 to 4 persons||2 times of Cash Awards divided by No. of Players|
|A team of 5 to 10 persons||3 times of Cash Awards divided by No. of Players|
|A team of more than 10 persons||5 times of Cash awards divided by No. of Players|
After careful examination of the matter Government hereby accept the above proposals of the Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Sports Authority of Telangana State, for prospective cases only.
The Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Sports Authority of Telangana State is requested to take necessary action for implementing the policy for giving cash incentives to the sports persons accordingly.
This orders issues with the concurrence of Finance(EBS.I) Department vide their U.O.No.9083/254/A2/EBS.I/2015, dated 18-08-2015.
G.O.MS.No. 1 Dated: 04-01-2016 Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.84, YAT&C((Sports) Department, dated 4-5-2000.
- From the VC&MD, SATS, Lr. No.SATS/A&SS/Cash Awards/2014-15.dated 28-02-2015.