Government of India, MHA (CS Division) has envisioned establishment of Nationwide Emergency Response System (NERS) comprising an integrated Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) platform under the aegis of Nirbhaya Fund, for supporting Geographical information System (GIS) based call taking and Global Positioning System (GPS) based Police vehicle dispatch. The system will be implemented across India with at least one Call Centre in each State/UT. The number “112” has been allocated to this system by the Department of Telecommunication and it would become the single emergency response number in the country. NERS is being initially launched with Police emergency response, but would integrate with other services such as fire, medical etc. gradually in future.
Accordingly, the Director General of Police, Telangana State, Hyderabad vide his letter 2nd read above, has sent proposals for formation of the following Committees to implementation and review the progress of NERS Project based on the suggestions made by the Government of India.
- State Apex Committee
- State Steering Committee
- District Mission Committee
- Government after careful consideration of the proposal hereby decided and constitute the above mentioned Committees, with the following members:-
I.“ State Apex Committee” will be headed by Chief Secretary and will be responsible for the following and will meet once in a quarter:
- Highest level of approval for State
- Overall Project Implementation
- Report any concern to Steering committee at center
- Finalization of State SOP
- Decision regarding adding new services/help lines in the NRES
- Review progress of Project
- Issue of Policy Directions
- Issue of Guidelines etc.,
|Member 1 (Chairperson)||Chief Secretary|
|Member 2||Principal Secretary, Home Department|
|Member 3||Director General of Police|
|Member 4||Commissioner for Disaster Management & Ex-officio, Principal Secretary to Government Revenue (Disaster Management|
|Member 5||Principal Secretary, Department for Women, Children, disabled and senior citizens|
|Member6||Principal Secretary, Health, Medical and family welfare Dept.|
|Member 7||Secretary, ITE & C Department|
|Member 8 (Convener)||Addl. DGP, Technical Services, Convener cum Nodal Officer|
|Member 9||Representative of NIC|
|Member 10||Representative of Govt., of India, Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Member 11||Any other representative based on the services added to NERS|
II “State Steering Committee” will be headed by the Director General of Police with 8 other members and meet once in a month and will be responsible for the following: –
- Overall direction, monitoring and guidance of the project
- Manage implementation across all the districts
- Approval location of public safety answering point, manpower, operation budgets etc.
- Review progress of the Project.
- Ensure the deployment of appropriate trained manpower for NERS State call centre
6 Monitoring hardware and application roll out at call center and field (MDT)
- Approve Go-Live at the State.
- Regularly communicate with Steering committee at center on progress, challenges,
and Requirements etc., for the project.
- Oversee and manage integration with other services/ministries
- Guidance to the District Mission Committee
|Member1 (Chairperson)||Director General of Police|
|Member2(Convener – cum- Nodal Officer||Addl. Director General of Police, (Technical Services)|
|Member 3||Representative from Home Department|
|Member4||Representative from Department for Women, Children, disabled and senior citizens|
|Member 5||Representative form Health, Medical and family welfare Dept|
|Member 6||Representative from Disaster Management Dept.,|
|Member 7||Representative from ITE & C Department|
|Member 8||Any other representative based on the services added to NERS|
III “District Mission Committee” will be headed by the District Collector / Superintendent of Police of district. The District Mission committee will meet once in a month and will be responsible for the following:-
- Co ordinate with other departments to ensure smooth integration with NERS
- Highlight concerns to the State empowered/steering committee
- Ensure integration of all services with NERS
- Ensure SOPs are followed. Any deviation from SOPs should be acted upon
- Ensure MDTs is deployed in the vehicles
- SIM cards are functional.
- Periodic reporting
- Monitoring of cases handled through NERS system
- Collecting feedback from people.
- Ensuring the quality of service.
Patron: District Collector
|Member1 Chairperson||Superintendent of Police of District|
|Member 2||Representative from Women, Children, disabled and senior citizens|
|Member 3||Representative from Health, Medical and family welfare Dept|
|Member 4||Representative from Disaster Management Department|
|Member 4||Representative from ITE & C Department|
|Member 5||Any other representative based on the services added to NERS|
Police Department – Committees at various levels to Implementation, Review Progress, Monitoring and guidance, Issue Policy, Directions / Guidelines for Nationwide Emergency Response System (NERS) – Constitution – Orders- Issued.
HOME (GENERAL) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.NoDated: 09.11.2015
- From the Jt. Secretary to Govt. CS Division, MHA, GOI, Letter F.No.15011/34/2015-SC/ST-W, dated, 21st August, 2015.
- From the D.G.P., T.S., Hyderabad C.No. 42/ADGP-TS/Camp/2015,dated 03.11.2015