G.O.MS.No. 46 Dated: 06/06/2015 In pursuance of the judgment of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated: 12/08/2005 in Appeal (civil) No. 5041 of 2005 filed by P.A. Inamdar Vs. State of Maharashtra (AIR 2005 SC 3226), and the discussions held with the Private Unaided Medical and Dental Colleges in the State for admission into the Under Graduate Courses i.e., MBBS & BDS, a consensual arrangement has been arrived at in adopting the admission policy, and seat matrix for the competent authority seats, M-CET ranking based Management seats, NRI/ NRI sponsored seats in Unaided Non-Minority Medical and Dental Colleges in the State. Accordingly orders have been issued in the G.O 9th read above.
Sri Sri Akbaruddin Owaisi, MLA, Floor Leader, AIMIM has raised certain objection in the Admission Procedure and requested to issue suitable amendments.
The Government after careful examination and in supersession of the orders issued in the G.O.Ms.No.40, HM&FW (C1) Department, Dated: 20/05/2015 and amend the Andhra Pradesh Un-aided Minority Professional Institutions (Regulations of Admissions into Under Graduate Medical and Dental Professional Courses) Rules 2006, issued in G.O.Ms.No.272, HM&FW (E1) Department, Dated: 10/07/2006, and as amended subsequently.
Accordingly, the following notification shall be published in the Extraordinary issue of the Telangana State Gazette:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by Sections 3 and 15 of the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission and Prohibition of Capitation Fee) Act, 1983 (A.P. Act No. 5 of 1983) and in supersession of the Andhra Pradesh Un-aided Minority Professional Institutions (Regulations of Admissions into Under Graduate Medical and Dental Professional Courses) Rules, 2006 issued in G.O.Ms No. 272, HM & FW(E1) Department Dated: 10/07/2006 and published in the extraordinary issue of A.P. Gazette dated:12/07/2006.
A M E N D M E N T S
In the said rules:
I. For Rule 4, Allotment of seats, the following shall be substituted
Category A: (60% of the sanctioned intake of the seats) EAMCET based Management Seats: – These seats shall be filled by the Management of the Minority Medical and Dental Institution in a transparent manner as per the merit from the candidates who are qualified at the Common Entrance Test, EAMCET held by the State for that year, with candidates belonging to Minorities concerned.
Category B: (25% of the sanctioned intake of the seats) MCET-AC (Minority) based Management Seats:-These seats shall be filled by the Management of the Minority Medical and Dental Institution in a transparent manner based on MCET-AC (Minority) merit.
Category C: (15 % NRI quota): These seats shall be filled by the managements of the individual institutions or the committee of the managements under these Rules.
II. For rule 5, Authority for admissions, the following shall be substituted:
a). Category A: EAMCET Based Management Seats:-
All the EAMCET based Management Seats under Category A shall be filled by the managements of Minority institution in a transparent manner based on EAMCET merit with candidates belonging to concerned minorities.
b). Category – B (Management seats): These seats shall be filled by the college management in the order of merit in MCET-AC(Minority) in a transparent manner.
c). Category – C (NRI/ NRI sponsored seats): The admission to these seats will be made by the management of the college. These seats shall be filled by NRI/NRI sponsored candidates. And, if, on ‘Non-availability of candidate’ in any of the categories above, the seats could be filled by any of the eligible candidate/applicant to institution treating them on par with this category students, as to their tuition fee liability.
III. (i) In the said rules, in Rule 6, sub-rule (b) (i) shall be renumbered as sub-rule (b) and the following shall be substituted.
(B- Category-25% of the sanctioned intake of the seats)
“Management seats”:- The seats shall be filled up by the individual college Managements in the order of merit obtained in M-CET-AC (Minority) in a transparent manner following the procedure as detailed below:-
1. The Minority Medical Educational Institutions shall form an Association to conduct the CET through a reputed third party or follow the exising CET examinations conducted by the reputed third party for making admissions.
2. The Management of every College / Institution, including the Minority College / Institution, shall, immediately after allocation of A, B, C category seats, notify their respective web sites to Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences / Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal, Medical and Health Department of the State Government and also publish information regarding the same in two leading newspapers (one English and one Vernacular)
3. The entire information regarding admission process to be followed by the Management of the College / Institution for making admission against A,B,C category seats should be notified in the web site.
4. The Member Secretary, Admission and Fee Regulatory Committee shall supervise/ oversee the conduct of MCET-AC (Minority) and ensure strict compliance to the directions of Hon’ble Apex Court.
5. The name and designation of the Authority to whom the complaints can be addressed should be printed in the applications along with Telephone, Fax numbers and e-mail address and the same should also be displayed on the web site of the colleges, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences / Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal and the Director of Medical Education.
6. The admission form should be loaded in the web site of the concerned college / institution so that the prospective candidates can download the same.
7. The candidate should be allowed to fill up the admission form and submit the same through e-mail, apart from sending the same by post or courier along with relevant documents.
8. The list of applications received upto the last date along with inter se merit of candidates in M-CET(AC) (Minority) should be uploaded and displayed on the web site of the college / institution. This shall be in addition to display of the list of applicants and their inter se merit on the notice board of college / institution.
9. Copies of the list of applicants and their inter se merit should also be sent to Director of Medical Education, Telangana and Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences / Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal.
10. Time for submission of documents by the candidates should be notified on the web site, besides newspapers and the candidates should be allowed reasonable time for complying with the requirement of submission of documents.
11. The complaints received from the aggrieved parties should be disposed of by the Inspecting Authority, constituted in terms of Rule 2 (d), within seven days and the decision be communicated to the candidates.
12. All the private Minority Medical and Dental Colleges shall adhere to the above procedures scrupulously. Any deviation / malpractices thereof will entail severe disciplinary action by the competent authority.
(ii) In the said rules,
Sub Rule b (ii) shall be renamed as sub-rule (c).