TELANGANA PROHIBITION & EXCISE POLICY FOR 2014-15 FOR DISPOSAL OF RETAIL LIQUOR OUTLETS The Government, after careful examination of the policy proposals submitted by the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise and suggestions received from various stakeholders hereby formulate the Excise Policy in relation to retail liquor shops for the Excise Year 2014-15.
- The privilege of selling liquor through retail shops shall be granted by collecting fixed licence fee based on population, as per 2011 Census, of the places (Corporation/Municipality/Town/Village) for the year 2014-15.
- The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise is permitted to relocate the un-disposed A4 shops from any locality / area as he thinks fit, but he shall not relocate the A4 shop from higher licence fee slab to lower licence fee slab.
- The method of selection for grant of shop licences shall be by draw of lots.
- The period of licence shall be one year i.e., from 01.07.2014 to 30.06.2015. There will be however no right of subsequent renewal beyond 2014-15.
- The number of retail shops shall be retained at the present level (2216).
- The Telangana State Beverages Corporation Limited outlets established under rule 18(1) of Andhra Pradesh Excise (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules, 2012 at places where shops were undisposed, however, will continue to function unless and until those un-disposed A4 shops are disposed-off by draw of lots and established.
- The Telangana State Beverages Corporation Limited outlets established under rule 18(2) of Andhra Pradesh (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules, 2012, will continue to function for the year 2014-15 also.
- The licence fee for different population slabs shall be as follows:
|Sl. No.||Population Slab||Annual Licence Fee per shop (Rs. In Lakhs)|
|Above 10,000 up to 50,000||34.00|
|Above 50,000 up to 3 lakh||42.00|
|Above 3 lakh up to 5 lakh||50.00|
|Above 5 lakh up to 20 lakh||68.00|
|Above 20 lakh||90.00|
In addition, the licencee shall pay Privilege Fee @ 8% plus applicable VAT on the invoice value of liquor purchased during the licence year in excess of seventimes the annual licence fee. However, no retailer margin will be allowed on such Privilege Fee component.
- Intensive campaign to educate the public about the ill effects of drinking shall be taken up.
- The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise to relocate the undisposed shops of 2013-14 to the extent possible, in accordance with the provision of Rule 4, before publication of notification under rule 5 of the above said rules.
- Steps shall be taken to initiate the establishment / condition of de-addition centres one each in every district in the State in consultation with Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department.
RULES – The Andhra Pradesh Excise (Grant of license of selling by shop and conditions of license) Rules, 2012 –
Amendment – Orders REVENUE (EXCISE-II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.2 Dated 14.06.2014 G.O.Ms.No.391, Revenue (Ex.II) Dept., dated 18.06.2014
The following notification will be published in an Extra-ordinary Issue of the Telangana State Gazette, dated the 14th June 2014. NOTIFICATION In exercise of the powers conferred by section 72 read with sections 17, 28 and 29 of the Andhra Pradesh Excise Act, 1968 (Andhra Pradesh Act 17 of 1968) the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following amendment to the Andhra Pradesh Excise (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules, 2012 issued in G.O.Ms.No.391, Revenue(Ex.II) Department, dated the 18th June, 2012 and published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette in Rules Supplement to Part II, Extraordinary No.1, dated the 18th June,2012.
AMENDMENT In the said rules, for rule 21, the following shall be substituted, namely,