The Commissioner of Health and Family Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad has reported that there is a need to constitute a new District Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI) Committee as per the revised guide lines of MOHFW, Govt. of India, since the State of Telangana is newly formed.
2. Government after careful examination of the proposal of the Commissioner Health and Family Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad have decided to constitute a District Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI) Committee, with the following members as per the guidelines of MoHFW, Govt. of India.
3. Accordingly, the following Notification will be issued in the extraordinary issue of Telangana Gazette:-
NOTIFICATION – I
1. District Medical & Health Officer : Chairman
2. Epidemiologist/Public Health Specialist : Member
3. Pediatrician : Member
4. Microbiologist : Member
5. Pathologist : Member
6. Forensic Expert : Member
7. Neurologist : Member
8. Cold Chain Officer : Member
9. District Surveillance Officer, IDSP : Member
10. Representatives from IAP/IMA : Member
11. Representatives from WHO – India : Member
12. Representatives from Unicef : Member
13. Representative from Drug Control authority : Member
14. Representative from Local Bodies : Member
15. District Immunization Officer : Member/ Convener
NOTE:- The members from Serial Nos. 2 to 7 are to be from Government Medical Colleges.
4. The terms of Reference for District Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI) Committee are as follows:
• To analyse the FIR (First Information Report)and plan for investigation of AEFI as a team
• To provide appropriate information to the drug authority on the important aspects of temporary suspension of the implicated batch of vaccine/logistics
• To prepare DIR (Detailed Information Report) based on the findings of the
investigation of the AEFI
• To outline the further course of action on the current AEFI
• To analyse and review the quarterly AEFI data for any programmatic errors and remedial measures for the same including non-serious AEFI cases reported in HMIS.
• To participate in the state/national AEFI committee meeting, if required for causality assessment.
• To support he spokesperson for media communication
• Where needed facilitate in incorporating the message of reporting AEFI from all sectors (including private sector)
• To monitor the timely submission of completed investigation forms (FIR, PIR and DIR) along with supporting documents/medical records.
• To communicate and share the conclusions and results of investigations with health workers and the community where warranted
• Any other responsibility in context to vaccine safety 5. The Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad shall
take necessary action in the matter.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)