Whereas, by virtue of section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014( Central Act No.6 of 2014), the appropriate Government i.e., the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law to the State of Telangana before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority Telangana Bangaru Thalli Girl Child Promotion.
2. And whereas, the Andhra Pradesh Bangaru Talli Girl Child Promotion and Empowerment Act, 2013 (Act 5 of 2013) enacted in the combined State of Andhra Pradesh providing for promoting the socio-economic development of the girl child and for certain other matters connected therewith, is in force;
3. And whereas, the Bangaru Talli Programme, being a direct cash transfer programme, it has been brought to the notice that in the absence of effective mechanism to ensure that the cash given to parents is put to use for children to whom it is intended, the very objective of the programme is not being satisfactorily fulfilled;
4. And whereas, besides the above, several other schemes viz. providing free text books, free education, mid-day meal programme, providing scholarships are being implemented by the State Government for the welfare of the female children;
5. And whereas, in addition to the above, the present Government is implementing Arogya Lakshmi Programme, Kalyana Lakshmi/Shadi Mubarak Scheme for the marriage of girl children investing crores of rupees;
6. And whereas, owing to the shortfalls in overseeing the Bangaru Talli Programme and its non reaching to the deserving girl children and introduction of several other beneficial schemes and their implementation to the girl children in the State of Telangana, it has been felt that continuation of Bangaru Talli Programme would be no more required;
7. And whereas, in the given circumstances Government have decided to discontinue the programme formulated in the scheme of Andhra Pradesh Bangaru Talli Girl Child Promotion and Empowerment Act, 2013 by repealing the Act which was in force as on 01-06-2014;
8. Accordingly, the following notification shall be published in an Extra-ordinary issue of the Telangana State Gazette:-
Telangana Bangaru Thalli Girl Child Promotion NOTIFICATION
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014(Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following order:-
1. (1) This order may be called the Andhra Pradesh Bangaru Talli Girl Child Promotion and Empowerment Act, 2013(Repeal) Order, 2016.
(2) It shall come into force w.e.f 02-06-2014.
(3) For the purpose of this order, the expression “ the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the A.P. Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014).
2. (1) The Andhra Pradesh Bangaru Talli Girl Child Promotion
and Empowerment Act, 2013 in its application to the State of Telangana is hereby repealed.
(2) Upon such repeal, the provisions of section 8 of the A.P. General Clauses Act, 1891 shall apply