G.O.Rt.No. 26, Dt.28-06-2014 Ministry of Panchayat Raj, Government of India was introduced the BRGF Programme in the year 2007 in the Country to revitalize the local Government (PRIs and ULBs) by encouraging them to take up people centred planning at their level by providing financial support. The following 9 districts covered in Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) Scheme in respect of Telangana State among 13 districts which were already identified by the GOI.
1) Adilabad 2)Karimnagar 3) Khammam 4)Mahabubnagar 5) Medak 6) Nalgonda7) Nizamabad 8) Ranga Reddy and 9) Warangal.
2. The main objective of BRGF programme is to bridge critical gaps in local infrastructure, strengthening local bodies and improving the
performance and delivery of functions devolved to the local bodies. It provides for separate fund for capacity building for the Panchayat Raj
Institutions at the rate of Rs. one Crore per annum per District. In addition untied funds will be provided for creation of infrastructure at a rate of
minimum of Rs. Ten Crores per District per annum.
3. Each Panchayat Raj Institution will be a unit of planning and it will prepare perspective plan. The District Planning Committee will finally
approve the District Plan. Govt. of India has proposed that the BRGF funds received by the State Government shall be released to PRIs within 15 days
as is the case with the Finance Commission Grants.
4. As per para 4.22 of BRGF Guidelines the State shall constitute a High Power Committee to ensure proper utilization of funds/effective implementation of the programme and that as per the guidelines of BRGF, it is proposed to constitute the Committee under the Chairmanship of
Chief Secretary with Principal Secretary, Panchayat Raj as Member Secretary and monitoring of schemes taken up under Backward Region
5. Accordingly, Government hereby constitute a High Power Committee with the following Members to ensure effective implementation of the
1) Chief Secretary to Govt. –Chairman
2) Prl.Secy to Government, PR&RD Dept – Member/Secretary
3) Prl.Secy. to Govt. Finance Dept. – Member
4) Prl.Secy. to Govt. Planning Dept. – Member
5) Prl.Secy. to Govt. MA&UD Dept. – Member
6) Prl.Secy. to Govt. Social Welfare Dept. –Member ….2 -2-
7) Prl.Secy. to Govt. Tribal Welfare Dept – Member
8) Joint Secretary, MoPR, GoI – Member
9) State Plan Adviser of Planning Commission – Member
6. The High Power Committee to oversee shall approve the District Plans to be taken up under Backward Regions Grant Fund and with regard to
Plan for Capacity Building component will be considered and approved. The Committee shall meet at least once in every quarter to review the
utilization of Backward Regions Grant Fund and issue directions for mid course if any. The Members of High Power Committee and the officials of
Panchayat Raj Dept., also should conduct inspection of works in progress for purpose of evaluation study of Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF
1. G.O.Rt.No.211, PR&RD (Pts.III) Dept, dt.14.02.2007.
2. From the CPR&RE, Hyd, Lr.No.4171/CPR&RE/Accts.II(I)/ 2014, Dated.12.06.2014.