In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the A.P. Re-organization Act 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014). The Government of Telangana hereby makes the following order
1. (i) This order may be called the Telangana Adaption of Motor Vehicles laws order 2014
(ii) It shall extend to the whole State of Telangana.
(iii) It shall come into force with immediate effect
2. The Laws as amended from time to time, specified in the schedule to this order, which were in force in the State of Andhra Pradesh immediately before the formation of the State of Telangana, are hereby adapted in the State of Telangana subject to the modification mentioned in the Schedule to and shall be in force in the State of Telangana until repealed or amended subject to the modification that throughout the Laws for the words “Andhra Pradesh” wherever they occur the words”Telangana” shall be substituted.
3. Anything done or any action taken including any appointment made, notification , notice, order, rule, form, regulation, certificate or license issued in exercise of the powers conferred by or under the laws specified in the schedule and Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 shall continue to be in force in the State of Telangana.
(Annexure to G.O.Ms.No.2 T,R&B Department,dated:17-06-2014)
- A.P. Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 duly substituting First Schedule issued under Rule 80 as shown below.
The First Schedule Registering Authority Codes
ASSIGNED TO VARIOUS REGIONS IN TELANGANA STATE
|Sl. No||Registering Authority||Registering Authority Code|
|7||Ranga Reddy||TS-7 & 8|
|8||i) Hyderabad||TS-9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14|
|ii)RTC Vehicles||All the series starting with ‘Z’|
|iii) Police Department Vehicles||Under ‘9’ starting with ‘P’|
The series with T,U,V,W,X and Y shall be used exclusively for Transport vehicles (including Tractor-Trailers)
- All notifications issued before 02-06-2014 under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and A.P. Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
- A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963
- A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Rules, 1963
- All Notifications issued under A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 and A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Rules, 1963.
- Andhra Pradesh State Transport Appellate Tribunal Rules, 1989
The following draft amendment to Telangana Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 adapted vide G.O.Ms.No.2 TR&B Department, dated: 17-06-2014, Government of Telangana is hereby published in the Telangana State Gazette for the information of general public, as required under Section-212 of MV Act, 1988.
Notice is hereby given that the said draft amendment will be taken into consideration by the Government after the expiry of a period of three days from the date of its publication in the Telangana Gazette and any objections or suggestions, which may be received from the persons within the aforesaid period, will be taken in to consideration by the Government of Telangana. The objections and suggestions shall be addressed to the Principal Secretary to Government, Transport, Roads & Buildings Department, Telangana Secretariat, Hyderabad in duplicate.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 65 of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (No.50 of 1988), the State Government, hereby make the following new rule which shall be inserted after Rule 81 of Telangana Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
Rule 81-A: Re-assignment of Registration number under certain conditions.
1. State Government may by general or special order, direct all Registering Authorities of the State in their respective jurisdiction to re-assign the new number under the Act:
In place of number already registered or assigned in Andhra Pradesh series with AP Group of letters in respect of all or any
class of vehicles and also prescribe the manner and condition thereof, so as to bring conformity with the allotted group of letters assignment by the Government of India under Section 41 of the M.V.Act, 1988 in respect of State of the Telangana.
2. The State Government while issuing order under sub-rule (1), shall provide a reasonable time, which shall not be less than four months within which the owner of such vehicle shall obtain new number.
3. No Fee shall be charged for the assignment of new number.
4. After expiry of the time so fixed under sub-rule (2) the Registering Authority may initiate action against the defaulter vehicle under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 53 of the Act, 1989.
5. Where the registration certificate of a vehicle is cancelled or suspended under sub-rule (4) above, the competent Authority and/or officers may take action under Section 192 and 207 of the Act.
6. Where the owner applies for reassignment of registration number registration of a vehicle after expiry of the time so fixed under sub-rule (2), the Registering Authority may, require the owner to pay compounding fee under Section 200 of the Act in lieu of any action that may be taken against him under sub-rule (4) and (5) and also deposit the registration fee under Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, and then reassign the number.