(Annexure to G.O.Rt.No.78 , Agriculture & Cooperation (Agri.II) Department, dated 18-02-2015)
GUIDELINES FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW SCHEME “STRENGTHENING OF SEED CHAIN AND DEVELOPMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE:
1. The Agencies have to submit detailed proposals to the Department for scrutiny and to take approval from the concerned authority. As per the approval, the work orders to be given to implement the proposed work.
2. The progress of the work to be reviewed every month at Directorate level and Government level.
3. Top priority to be given for production of Soyabean seed and development of specialized processing units and storage godowns in the State.
4. All the Research Institutions and Seed Producing Agencies have to submit monthly progress report to office of the Director of Agriculture.
5. Involvement of Departmental Officers: The details of the seed production programme to be informed to the concerned Joint Director of Agriculture and Mandal Agricultural Officers of the district.
6. Based on the progress of work and achievement the amount to be utilized for implementation of the proposed works.
7. Utilization Certificates are to be submitted from time to time for the amount released by Agriculture Department.
8. The infrastructure developed to be utilized for the purpose for which it was constructed.
9. All the Research Institutions and Seed Producing Agencies should also plan for production of Green manure seed such as Dhaincha, Sunhemp and Pillipesera within the State.
10.The New Scheme is introduced during 2014-15, the entire amount allocated under the scheme is proposed towards development of infrastructure facilities as proposed by the Research Institutions and Seed Producing Agencies which is a one time investment.
11.All the Research Institutions and Seed Producing Agencies should maintain documentations on proposed works and photo album.
12.All the Research Institutions and Seed Producing Agencies should inform the details of implementation of the developmental works being taken up by the agencies to the concerned District Joint Directors of Agriculture and Mandal Agricultural Officers.
13.All the Research Institutions and Seed Producing Agencies should utilize the amount released under the schemes properly for the purpose for which it was released.
Commissioner and Director of Agriculture, Telangana, Hyderabad, has stated that as per the Task Force meetings conducted by the Government, Seed Production Plan prepared for a period of five years i.e., from 2014-15 to 2018-19 to achieve 100% Seed Replacement rate in Telangana State and the Government have allocated an amount of Rs.5000 lakh under Budget Estimates 2014-15 towards “Strengthening of Seed Production Chain and Development of Infrastructure” for implementation of seed production plan, promotion and multiplication of new varieties, production of Soybean and other crop seeds in the State to develop the Telangana State as Seed Bowl. Accordingly, he has submitted the project proposals along with guidelines and requested to accord approval for implementation of the new scheme.
2) Government, after careful examination of the proposal, hereby accord approval for implementation of the new Scheme of “Strengthening of Seed Production Chain and Development of Infrastructure” in the State, as per the guidelines annexed to this Order.
Agriculture Department – Implementation of the new scheme of “Strengthening of Seed Production Chain and Development of Infrastructure” in the State – Approval of Project and Guidelines – Accorded – Orders – Issued.
AGRICULTURE AND COOPERATION (AGRI.II) DEPARTMENT G.O.RT.No. 78 Dated: 18-02-2015.