As per para 12.7 of the National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) Guidelines (a Modified Programme of ARWSP) a State Level Scheme Sanctioning Committee (SLSSC) will be in place.
2. Accordingly, the Engineer-in-Chief, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation, Hyderabad in the reference read above has requested the Govt. to constitute the State Level Scheme sanctioning Committee (SLSSC) in accordance with the Annexure VII of Guidelines.
3. The Govt. after consideration hereby constitute the State Level Scheme sanctioning Committee (SLSSC) with the following Members:
S.No. Member As proposed.
1 Chairperson Principal Secretary/Secretary, PR&RD Dept.
2 Member Engineer-in-Chief, RWS&S Department
3 Member Representative of RGNDWM from GOI
4 Member Representative of CGWB State representative
5 Member Representative of State & Central Water Commission/ Board
6 Member Representative of State Technical Agency(STA)
7 Member Technical Expert Group listed by RGNDWM from GOI
8 Member Chief Engineer (RWS), O/o the ENC, RWS&S, Hyderabad.
9 Member PD, SWSM O/o the ENC, RWS&S, Hyderabad.
10 Member Engineer-in-Chief, Public Health Engineering Department
11 Member Any other Member (Need based)- to be decided by SLSSC.
1) Engineer-in-Chief/Chief Engineer, Tribal Welfare Engineering Department, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad
2) Engineer-in-Chief, Irrigation & Command Area Development Department, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad.
The functions of State Level Scheme Sanctioning Committee (SLSSC) are:
a) Before the beginning of every year, the State Government will have to prepare an Annual Action Plan on the habitations to be targeted adhering to the prioritization of habitations to be covered as laid down in the Guidelines, Schemes to be taken up and other activities to be taken up in the year.
b) Based on the Annual Action Plan that is finalized after discussions with the MDWS before or in the beginning of the year, the habitations to be targeted and schemes to be taken up for approval of the SLSSC should be firmed up and marked on the IMIS.
c) Annual Action Plan of all support activities under WSSO (CCDU), WQM & S, MIS, R&D, M&E etc., to be under taken by State Water and Sanitation Support Organization needs to be prepared and got approved in the SLSSC as per the guidelines issued by MDWS.
d) The schemes put up for approval in the Committee should be cleared by the Source Finding Committee of STA and technical approval should be given by the competent authority of the State/UT.
e) State Level Scheme Sanctioning Committee should ensure that all the approved projects are entered on the central online MIS for accounting of habitations addressed/ covered during the year.
f) Meetings of the Committee should be held at least twice in a year, wherein apart from sanctioning new schemes, progress, completion and commissioning of the schemes approved earlier by the Committee should be reviewed.
5. The agenda note for the meeting should be sent to the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS) 15 days in advance and its representative should invariably be invited to attend the meeting of the State Level Scheme Sanctioning Committee. All the RWS projects and Support activities under all heads to be taken up by the State Govt. are to be approved by State Level Scheme Sanctioning Committee (SLSSC).
6. The Engineer-in-Chief, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary action in the matter.