Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department – Elections – Municipal Corporations – Delimitation of Khammam Municipal Corporation into (50) fifty Wards – Approved – Orders – Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (C1) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No.78 Dated:16.06.2015 11.09.2014.nCommissioner & Director of Municipal Administration has informed that the Hon’ble High Court in its order dt: 18.11.2013 in PIL No.288 of 2013 has directed to initiate action for creation of divisions of the Municipal area afresh, taking note of the 2011 Census. Accordingly the Commissioner, Khammam Municipal Corporation has submitted proposal for De-limitation of the Municipal Corporation into (50) wards as per Rules relating to delimitation of wards issued in the reference 1st read above. The Commissioner, Khammam Municipal Corporation has prepared the Ward delimitation proposals as per the Rules issued in the reference 1st cited duly calling suggestions / objections from the general public by way of issuing public notice in English, Telugu and Urdu daily news papers on 01.08.2014 giving (07) days time. In response to the above (65) suggestions/objections have been received from the public. The Commissioner, Khammam Municipal Corporation has examined the same and considered (24) suggestions/objections which are reasonable, (02) are partially accepted and rejected the remaining (39) suggestions / objections as there are not feasible as per the provisions of Delimitation Rules. The Commissioner, Khammam Municipal Corporation has placed the matter before the Municipal Corporation (Special Officer ) and the Special Officer, in C.R.No.32, dt:30.07.2014 has approved the same.
2. The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration has informed that there is no variation in percentage of population beyond the permissible 10% limit as required under Rule 5 of the said Rules in the proposed Wards.
3. The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration while forwarding the proposal for delimitation of wards of Khammam Municipal Corporation requested the Government to consider and approve the proposal of Re-division of Khammam Municipal Corporation into (50) wards so as to enable the Commissioner, Khammam Municipal Corporation to publish the same in Form VI in the Telangana State Gazette, in Telugu, Urdu and English newspaper each and also display the said notification at important Government offices situated within the Corporation limits as required under Rule 11 of the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Corporations (Delimitation of wards) Rules, 1996.
4. The Government after careful examination of the matter hereby approve the proposal of the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration for Delimitation of Khammam Municipal Corporation into (50) fifty wards as per the schedule annexed to this order.
5. The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration / Commissioner, Khammam Municipal Corporation shall take further necessary action in the matter.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
1. G.O.Ms.No. 570 MA&UD Department, Dated 6-11-1996
2. G.O.Ms.No. 399 MA&UD Department, Dated 19.10.2012.
3. Hon’ble High Court Orders dt:18.11.2013 in PIL No.288 of 2013.
4. From the Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Letter Roc.No.12095/2009/H-I, Dated: