Engineer-in-Chief (Irrigation), Hyderabad has stated that the Kotpally Project is very well connected to Ananthagiri Hills, located at Vikarabad, Ranga Reddy district which is the birthplace of Musi River and also a favorite tourism spot. In view of the above and the proximity to the capital of Hyderabad he has requested to introduce water sports (like boating, kayaking, skills development programs) at Kotpally Project to promote tourism and create employment opportunities for local youth and also requested that Telangana Tourism Corporation also may be involved for developing various facilities for the benefits of tourists at the Reservoir site
2. Government after careful examination of the proposal hereby accord permission to the Engineer-in-Chief (Irrigation), Hyderabad to introduce water sports (like boating, kayaking, skills development programs) at Kotpally Project to promote tourism and create employment opportunities for local youth and considered Matsyakara Yuvajana Sangam of Kotpally Vagu Project for taking up boating activities subject to the following conditions:-
1. The Irrigation facilities should not be disturbed by boating activities.
2. Boating & other tourism related activities should not allowed to pollute the reservoir water.
3. Fishing activities shall not be disturbed and the fishermen continue to have their rights as earlier.
4. Department Engineers shall have every right to inspect the activities anytime without any notice in all locations to ensure the sangam follow all terms & conditions.
5. Department has every right to cancel the permission given at any time without giving any reason.
6. Any objection by the higher authorities of the Department/Govt. for permission is liable for cancellation of permission without any prior notice and no compensation or reimbursement of cost and maintenance due to above permission will be paid by the Government for any reason what so ever.
7. Lifting/diverting of water for any purpose is not allowed.
8. The natural flow from the catchment area should not be disturbed.
9. Dumping/throwing of any type of effluents/wastes etc., into the reservoir which pollutes the quality of water is not allowed.
10. Boating activity should not damage any Irrigation Structure.
11.All precautionary and safety measures such as indicating the boating area & restricted area should be displayed at the appropriate places.
12. Department is not responsible for any accidents or damages that may happens if any due to boating activity.
13. Any violation of any conditions laid above will instantly lead for cancellation of above permission without any prior intimation or notice.
3. The Engineer-in-Chief (Irrigation), Hyderabad, is requested to take necessary action accordingly.
G.O.RT.No. 129 Dated:27-02-2015 From the Engineer-in-Chief (Irrigation), Hyderabad, Lr.No.ENC(I)/
DCE-I/OT1/Kotpally Project/2015, Dt.13-01-2015.