Telangana Government has announced good news for Hyderabad people by announcing Exemption for payment of bills of Electricity & Water Charges in GHMC area which will help around 30 lakhs people of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States. cost of their water and waste water bills. It’s called the Government Water and Sewerage Charges Exemption Scheme. This scheme will replace the current scheme. It will be administered by Water on behalf of the Telangana State Government. 128 crores Electricity and 295 Cr water bill will be exempted.
In exercise of powers conferred under sub-section (1) of section79 of the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Act 1989 read with the provisions contained in Chapter IV of the said Act regarding Water Supply and all other powers here into enabling and also in supersession of the rulesand orders issued earlier
Finance(EBS.I) Department has released an amount of Rs.60.00 crores towards 3rd quarter @ Rs.37.50 lakhs per MLA/MLC Constituency for the year 2015-16 under the Constituency Development Programme scheme from BE 2015-16 in G.O.10th read above.
2. After careful examination, Government hereby accord administrative sanction and release an amount of Rs.6,75,00,000/-(Rupees Six crores and seventy five lakhs only) @ Rs.37.50 lakhs per MLA/MLC Constituency for taking up the developmental works under the Plan scheme of ‘Constituency Development Programme’ towards 3rd quarter period for the year 2015-16 as shown below: (in Rupees)
Sl. No District No. of Constituencies DDO code 3451-MH-092-GH-11- SH(33)-310-312-Other
1 Hyderabad 16-MLAs(including one nominated Anglo-Indian Member )
25022002001 6,00,00,000 2 2-MLCs 75,00,000 TOTAL 6,75,00,000 (Rupees Six crores and seventy five lakhs only)
3. The District Collector, Hyderabad is hereby permitted to accord sanctions in each MLA/MLC Constituency by obtaining proposals from the concerned MLAs/MLCs/Hon’ble Minister authorized for the year 2015-16 for the eligible works as per the guidelines issued in the references 1st and 2nd read above.
4. The amount sanctioned at para-2 above, shall be debited to the Head of Account ‘3451-MH-092-GH-11-SH(33)-310-312-Other Grants-in-Aid’. The amount released shall be credited to the PD Account directly under the Head of Account ‘8448-Deposits of Local Funds–MH–120–Other Funds–SH(22)–Deposits of the
Decentralized Planning’. The District Treasury Officer, Hyderabad is requested to adjust the amount by crediting to the above Head of Account. The amount released is non-lapsable in nature.
5. The District Collector, Hyderabad is authorized to operate the above PD Account and he shall follow the existing accounting procedure and shall be responsible for any deviation.
6. This order does not require the concurrence of the Finance Department.
• “CONSUMER” means an applicant who secured a pipe water supply service connection under these rules. • “PUBLIC PURPOSE” means a purpose other than supply of waterfor an individual domestic or non-domestic premises. • “EXECUTIVE ENGINEER”, means Executive Engineer in charge of a Division for maintenance and operation of Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage system of the Board and includes any subordinate officer authorised by him or by the Managing Director to carry out the purpose of these rules. • “PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEER” means the Superintending Engineer,in charge of a Circle for maintenance and operation of Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply&Sewerage system of the Board and includes any subordinate officer authorised by him or by the Managing Director to carryout the purposes of these rules. 5. The words and expressions used in these rules, but not defined, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Act 1989.