The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Govt. of India vide D.O. letter first Chinese Manja banned in Telangana State has addressed all the States & Union Territories informing about the threat posed to Birds like Vultures, Kites, Owls, Pigeons, Crows etc. due to use of ‘Çhinese Dor’ made of nylon and coated with finely crushed glass in kite flying and requested the States to take appropriate action.
2. The Chief Wild Life Warden, Telangana & Spl. Prl. Chief Conservator of Forests, Hyderabad vide his letter second read above has requested to issue orders banning the use of Nylon Glass coated thread or ‘Chinese Dor’ in kite flying, in the interest of Conservation of wildlife and safety of human beings. The M.S., TSPCB and the M.S., TSBDB vide their letters fourth and fifth read above have also requested to take necessary action on banning the usage of Nylon Glass coated thread or Chinese Dor in Kite flying on par with other States in the interest of Conservation of Wild life and safety of human beings. It is also observed that the use of such material is also causing adverse effects on soil, waterways due to its non biodegradable nature apart from causing grievous injury to animals including human beings and causing problem for transmission lines and other communication devices and traffic movement.
Chinese Manja banned in Telangana State:
Govt of TS after careful examination of the matter and in exercise of the powers conferred under section 5 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 hereby impose complete ban on procuring, stocking, sale and use of nylon thread which is commonly called as ‘Chinese Dor’ or other synthetic (non-biodegradable) threads coated with glass or other harmful substances used for kite flying or other purposes and likely to cause grievous injury and inconvenience to animals including birds as well as human beings during festivals or other occasions.
3. All the concerned departments / organizations shall take immediate necessary action to sensitize people for not using such materials and make them aware to resort to use of eco-friendly materials which are biodegradable and not harmful to animals including human beings.
Environment, Forests, Science & Technology Department – Ban on procuring, stocking, sale and use of Chinese Manja (nylon thread) and glass-coated Manja for kite flying – Orders – Issued.Environment, Forests, Science & Technology (Env) Department
G.O.Ms.No. Dated:13-01-2016 Read the following:
1. D.O.No.17/16/2014-AWD, Dt.09-09-2014 of MoEF&CC, GOI.
2. From the CWLW, Lr.Rc.No.680/2015/WL-2, dt.16-01-2015.
3. From the M.S., TSPCB, Lr.No.Gen-07/TSPCB/Plastic/ 2015-2167, Dt.23-12-2015.
4. From the M.S., TSBDB, Lr.Ref.No.319/TSBDB/2015, Dt.10-12-2015.