The Commissioner Endowments Department, Telangana, Hyderabad has reported that, Ashada Jathara a unique festival popularly known as Bonalu Festival, will be commenced every year at Sri Jagabamba Mahankali temple, Golkonda and the same continues to be celebrated during the Ashada Masam in nearly 115 temples in Twin Cities. Sri Ujjainini Mahankali temple, Secundarabad has also been performing the Bonalu festivals as per the custom and usage for several decades. There will be huge Congregation of devotees and therefore it is necessary to provide basic amenities to the pilgrims like supply of drinking water, sanitation, electricity and also maintenance of law and order, etc, for which the involvement of various departments of Government is required apart from financial aid for performing the festival in a peaceful and successful manner. The Commissioner Endowments Department has therefore requested for declaring the “BONALU FESTIVAL” as State Festival.
Government, after careful examination of the proposal of the Commissioner of Endowments Department, Telangana, Hyderabad have decided to declare the celebrations of the “BONALU FESTIVAL” as a State festival.
Government accordingly hereby declare the celebrations of the “BONALU FESTIVAL” as State Festival.
The Commissioner of Endowments Department, Telangana Hyderabad and all the concerned Departments shall take necessary action accordingly.
Administrative sanction orders were issued sanctioning an amount of Rs. 3,51,41,000/- (Rupees Three Crores Fifty One Lakhs Forty One Thousands only) under Plan to the Director, Department of Language & Culture, Hyderabad from the Budget Estimates provision 2014-2015 under various schemes under Plan.
2 In the reference third read above, the Department of Language & Culture, Hyderabad has requested to sanction an amount of Rs. 25.00 lakhs for
Conducting of Bonalu Festival in the months of July & August, 2014 in various “Ammavari Temples” in the twin cities.
3. Government, after careful examination of the proposal of the Director,Department of Language & Culture, Hyderabad, hereby sanction an amount of Rs.25.00 lakhs (Rupees twenty five lakhs only) for Conducting of Bonalu Festival in the months of July & August, 2014 in various “Ammavari Temples” in the twin cities, subject to ensuring rational coverage of all the prominent temples,depending on the expected congregation of devotees.
4. The expenditure shall be debited to the following head of account and shall be met within the budget under (Plan) released vide G.O. second read
above. “2205 – Art and Culture – MH- 102 –Promotion of Art and Culture –
G.S.H.(11) N.S.P. – SH (24) – Cultural Celebrations – 500 – Other Charges
– 503 – Other Expenditure”.
5. The Director, Department of Language & Culture, Hyderabad is authorized to draw the amount subject to compliance of other procedure in
6. The Director, Department of Language & Culture, Hyderabad is directed to utilize the above amount for the purpose for which it has been sanctioned and not to divert for any other purpose. The unspent balances, if any, shall be remitted to Government.