The following minimum rates of wages as specified in column (3) of the Schedule appended to this notification payable to each category of employees specified in the corresponding entry in column (2) thereof and employed in the employment in “CLUBS AND CANTEENS” included in Part-I of the Schedule to the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Act 11 of 1948) which it is proposed to be made in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 and sub-section (2) of section 5 of the Minimum wages Act, 1948 (Act XI of 1948), is hereby published for information of all the persons likely to be affected thereby as required under clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 5 of the said Act.
2. Notice is hereby given that any objections or suggestions, in respect of the wages as proposed in the Schedule, which may be received within the period of two months from the date of publication of this notification in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette, will be considered by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
3. Objections or suggestions should be addressed to the Principal Secretary to Government, Labour Employment Training and Factories Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad through the Commissioner of Labour, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
|NAME OF THE SCHEDULED EMPLOYMENT: CLUBS AND CANTEENS|
|Sl. No.||Name of the Category||Basic wage||Cost of Living Allowance to be paid per each point of increase (in Rs.)|
|1||Manager / Security Officer||7835||8.85|
|2||Assistant Manager / Accountant / Stores Incharge / House Keeping Manager / House Keeping Supervisor / Laundry Manager||7312||8.25|
|3||Typist / Clerk / Computer Operator / Telephone Operator||5556||6.25|
|4||Gardner / Thoti||4651||5.25|
|5||Supervisor / Steward / Swimming Coach / Barman||7312||8.25|
|6||Electrician / Fitter / Carpenter / Painter / Plumber||6694||7.55|
|7||A/c. Operator / Generator Operator / Cook / Barber||5556||6.25|
|Semi Skilled categories|
|8||Bearer / Waiter||5109||5.75|
|9||Utensils Cleaner (man / woman) / Marker / Cleaner / Picker||4651||5.25|
|11||Assistant Manager / Accountant / Stores Incharge||7312||8.25|
|Highly Skilled Categories|
|14||Cook / Coffee Maker / Cash clerk / Electric Grinder / Group Leader / Catering attendant / Vegitable Cutter / Counterman / Server / Coupon Vender / Bill Writer / Plumber||5556||6.25|
|Semi Skilled categories|
|16||Cleaner / Cleaner of Utensils||4651||5.25|
COST OF LIVING ALLOWANCE
The minimum basic rates of wages fixed are linked to the Consumer Price Index Numbers for the industrial workers at 884 points (Base Year 1982=100 series). The Commissioner of Labour shall notify the Cost of Living Allowance for every six months i.e. 1st April and 1st October. For this purpose, the average rise in the State Industrial Workers Consumer Price Index numbers for half year ending December and June respectively shall be taken into account. The details of calculation of Cost of Living Allowance for any rise in cost of Price Index over and above 884 points are specified at Col.No.(4) against each category in schedule.
- Where any category of employee is actually in receipt of higher rate of wages than those specified above shall continue to be paid such higher wages
- Where piece rate workers are employed, the remuneration paid to each of them for a normal working day shall not be less than the minimum wage fixed for a general worker being similar work, calculated on the basis of 8 hours a day.
- To arrive at a daily rate, the monthly rate shall be divided by 26, which includes the rest day wages.
- Where the nature of work is the same, no discrimination on payment of minimum rates of wages should be made in respect of male and female workers.
- If any of the categories employed in this employment are left out they should not be paid less than the minimum rates of wages fixed in the category of the workers, being the same and similar category of work in this employment.
- For categories in the employments of Security Services and Safai Karmacharis, the minimum wages fixed / revised in the respective employments shall be applicable.
THE MINIMUM WAGES ACT, 1948 – Revision of minimum rates of wages in the Employment in “CLUBS AND CANTEENS” in Part-I of the Schedule to the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 – Preliminary Notification – Orders – Issued.
LABOUR EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND FACTORIES (LAB.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No. Dated.06.11.2012 Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.86, LET & F (Lab.II) Dept, dated.06.12.2006.
- From theCOL, A.P.,Hyderabad, Lr.No.N1/11038/2011, dated.13.08.2012.