The application of R.S. Brothers Retail India Private Limited, Hyderabad was received along with information in the prescribed formats seeking grant of exemption from Sec 7, 12 and 31 of A.P. Shops & Establishments Act, 1988 to keep open the shops on all 365 days of the year.
The proposal of the R.S. Brothers Retail India Private Limited has been examined and after careful consideration, the Government hereby exempt R.S. Brothers Retail India Private Limited, Hyderabad from the provisions under Section 7 (1), 12 (1) and 31 (1) of the Andhra Pradesh Shops and Establishments Act, 1988, for a period of (2) two years in respect of their 4 outlets subject to field verification and confirmation within (3) months and also subject to the conditions stipulated in the Notification.
Accordingly, the following notification will be published in the extraordinary issue of the A.P. Gazette:-
In exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (4) of Section 73 of the Andhra Pradesh Shops & Establishments Act, 1988 (Andhra Pradesh Act 20 of 1988), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby grant exemption to R.S. Brothers Retail India Private Limited, Hyderabad from the provisions of Section 7(1), 12(1)
& 31(1) of Andhra Pradesh Shops & Establishments Act, 1988 for a period of two (2) years in respect of 4 outlets mentioned below, subject to field verification and confirmation within (3) months and also subject to the following conditions:-
1. R.S. Brothers Retail India Private Limited, South India Shopping Mall, Plot No.17,18,19,20, Near Usha Mullapudi Arch, Alluri Sita Ramaraju Nagar, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500 072.
2. R.S. Brothers Jewellers Private Limited, South India Jewellers, Plot No.17,18,19,20, Near Usha Mullapudi Arch, Alluri Sita Ramaraju Nagar, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500 072
3. R.S. Brothers Retail India Private Limited, South India Shopping Mall, D.No.27-16-210 to 216, Eluru Road, Governerpet, Vijayawada, Krishna District.
4. R.S. Brothers Jewellers Private Limited, South India Jewellers, D.No.27-16-
210 to 216, Eluru Road, Governerpet, Vijayawada, Krishna District. CONDITIONS:-
1) The daily working hours of the employee shall be 8 hours and weekly 48
hours. Record of Over Time will be maintained in respect of the employees who work beyond normal working hours, in the Wages Register, separately.
2) Every employee will be allowed a Weekly Holiday as per the list exhibited (form 24) at the main entrance of the shop.
3) If the employees found working on any Holiday or after normal duty hours without proper indent for Over Time, the exemption granted will be liable for cancellation.
4) Working Hours of the Shop shall be between 9.00 A.M to
5) In case of Women employees who are required to work beyond 8.30
PM., transport arrangements will be provided to the women employees. A notice to this effect in Telugu and English will be exhibited at the main entrance of the shop.
6) All employees will be provided with Appointment Letters and a copy of the same will be furnished to the jurisdiction inspector and acknowledgment will be preserved in the shop for inspection at any time.
7) Visit Book will be maintained exhibiting a copy of the exemption for verification by the Inspector for compliance with the conditions on exemption.
8) The exemption will be valid for 2 years only and subject to satisfactory compliance with the conditions of exemption and also compliance with the welfare provisions under various Labour Laws, renewal will be considered.
9) The exemption is applicable for only the shop which applied for the exemption but not to any other shop which has taken sub-lease within the shop. The lessees also may be directed to obtain exemption, if they so choose.
10) If majority of the workers oppose the exemption on the ground of violation of labour laws and consequent exploitation, the exemption will be liable for cancellation.
11) The wages for the employees will be credited to their Savings Bank
12) EPF & ESI deductions shall be implemented in respect of the eligible employees.
13) The Employer shall cooperate in implementing the “Duties of Inspection” under Rule 28 of the A.P. Shops and Establishments Rules, 1990 especially with regard to the implementation of the conditions and also the provisions of Other Labour Laws for the workers employed in their Shops.
14) The Exemption will be cancelled before the sanctioned period, if any statutory violation is detected and the Employer of the Shop is held guilty and will not be entitled for refund of the user Chargers paid.
15) The exemption will be for a period of two years from the Date of notification and unless revoked.
16) Renewal of the exemption for two years will be subject to satisfactory compliance with the above conditions.
17) Levy of User Charges of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) for all the establishments who are granted exemption from the provisions of A.P. Shops and Establishments Act, 1988.