The Chairperson, State Board of Technical Education & Training and Commissioner of Technical Education, AP, Hyderabad in her letter read above, has stated that the POLYCET-2016 Committee met on 28.12.2015 and decided to conduct the Polytechnic Common Entrance Test 2016 (POLY CET – 2016) for Admission into Polytechnics and other Technical Institutions in the State offering Engineering and Non Engineering Diploma Courses (for which eligibility is Xth Class) about one lakh fifty thousand candidates are expected to appear for the above mentioned examination at the following coordinating centers (40) in the State of Andhra Pradesh:-
1 Srikakulam 21 Ongole (Prakasam District)
2 Tekkali (Srikakulam District) 22 Addanki (Prakasam District)
3 Vizianagaram 23 Nellore
4 Bobbili (Vizianagaram District) 24 Gudur (Nellore District)
5 Visakhapatnam 25 Atmakur (Nellore District)
6 Paderu (Visakhapatnam District) 26 Tirupathi (Chittoor District)
7 Narsipatnam (Visakhapatnam District) 27 Madanapally (Chittoor District)
8 Bheemunipatnam (Visakhapatnam District) 28 Kuppam (Chittoor District)
9 Anakapalli, (Visakhapatnam District) 29 Kalikiri (Chittoor District)
10 Kakinada (East Godavari District) 30 Kadapa
11 Rajahmundry (East Godavari District) 31 Proddatur (Kadapa District)
12 Eluru (West Godavari District) 32 Rajampet (Kadapa District)
13 Tanuku (West Godavari District) 33 Ananthapur
14 Bhimavaram (West Godavari District) 34 Kalyandurg (Ananthapur District)
15 Mukteswaram (Amalapuram)
(East Godavari District) 35 Kadiri (Ananthapur District)
16 Vijayawada (Krishna District) 36 Hindupur (Ananthapur District)
17 Machilipatnam (Krishna District) 37 Kurnool.
18 Nandigama (Krishna District) 38 Nandyal (Kurnool District)
19 Guntur 39 Srisailam (Kurnool District)
20 Bapatla (Guntur District) 40 Yetapaka near Bhadrachalam (East Godavari District)
The chairperson, State Board of Technical Education and Training and the Commissioner of Technical Education, A.P., Hyderabad requested the Government to issue the following suitable general instructions to the concerned on various matters, so as to maintain the Secrecy of Question Papers, sparing of required Accommodation, provision of police bundobust, keeping question papers in police station/treasuries and constitution of Flying Squads, etc. as was done in the previous year for the POLYCET-2015 vide G.O. Rt. No.148 Higher Education (TE-II) Department, Dated: 22-04-2015, so as to ensure that the Polytechnic Common Entrance Test – 2016 for the academic year 2016-2017 is conducted smoothly.
After careful examination of the matter, the Government hereby issue the following general instructions for conducting Polytechnic Common Entrance Test-2016 for the academic year 2016-17:-
01. The printed question paper packets be kept under safe custody in the police stations/treasuries jointly with the local police officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police/STO’s and the concerned coordinator of the test centre. The question papers shall be taken from the safe custody by the coordinator only two (2) hours before the actual commencement of the Test.
02. The Director General of Police, A.P. Hyderabad and the Commissioner of Police, A.P. Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam (Urban) and Vijayawada (Urban) is requested to issue necessary instructions to the Sub – Inspectors of Police of the concerned areas where the Polytechnic Common Entrance Test – 2016 will be held for providing permission in the following aspects :-
i) To deposit the sealed Question Paper packets and blank answer sheet packets, as received by the coordinator much in advance of the test date, to be kept jointly by the coordinator and the Station House Officer/Sub-Treasury Officer for safe custody under which the coordinating centre falls.
ii) To handover Question Papers and Blank Answer sheet packets to the coordinators on the scheduled date of the Test, two hours before the commencement of the test.
iii) To provide necessary Police bundobust at allotted Test centres under each coordinator for peaceful conduct of the Test.
iv) Provide a Police Escort in the identified routes for transportation of the sealed Question Paper packets and Blank Answer Sheet packets to the Test centres under the jurisdiction of the Coordinating centre.
They should also assist the Coordinators and the Chief Superintendent of the centres for the proper conduct of the Test by posting adequate number of Police Constables at each centre.
03. The Director of Treasuries, Government of A.P. is requested to issue necessary instructions to the District Treasury officer/STO’s of the concerned districts/areas where the POLYCET-2016 held for providing secured space with police bundobust where the question papers booklets are kept and while taking them to the test centres two hours before the commencement of the test.
04. The District Collectors under whose administrative control, the test centres are located, are requested to issue suitable instructions to the concerned Revenue Divisional Officer/ Tahsildars to assist the Coordinator and Chief Superintendent of the centres for the proper conduct of Test in respect of constitution of Flying Squads and also to maintain Law and Order. Collectors may like to review arrangements in adavance
05. Regarding accommodation for the conduct of Test in the State, the Polytechnics could accommodate only 10,000 candidates, while the remaining candidates require accommodation in Junior/Degree Colleges, Schools, Engineering Colleges, Medical Colleges and University Colleges. The authorities concerned are therefore requested to provide necessary accommodation, furniture, as well as staff for invigilation work.
06. Regarding providing Students Registration Data of SSC Examination March/April – 2016 the Director of Government Examinations, Abids, Hyderabad is requested to provide the data base for smooth conduct of the above Test.
07. The Head of Departments and Senior Functionaries of the following Departments are requested to issue necessary instructions to their subordinate officers to extend the necessary cooperation including sparing accommodation and for the smooth conduct of the Polytechnic Common Entrance Test – 2016:-
I. Commissioner/Director of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
II. Commissioner of Collegiate Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
III. Commissioner of Intermediate Education/Secretary, B.I.E., A.P. Hyderabad.
IV. Director of Medical Education/Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad.
V. Registrars and Vice-Chancellors of all Universities.
VI. Director General of Police, A.P.
VII. Chairman, A.P.S.C.H.E., A.P. Hyderabad
VIII. Director of Treasuries, A.P.
IX. District Collectors.
X. District Educational Officers.
XII. All Dist. Superintendents of Police,
XIII. Commissioner of Police, A.P. Hyderabad,
XIV. Commissioner of Police, Vijayawada (Urban) & Commissioner of Police, Visakhapatnam (Urban).
08. Suitable Officers be deputed to act as Special Flying Squad members. The Special Flying Squads are to be created for each coordinator centre for dealing with the issues related to Vigilance, Law and Order for preventing malpractices on the part of candidates, a special invigilation squad at each place of test center shall constituted with the following composition :-
I. Revenue Divisional Officer / Tahsildars or his Nominee.
II. Inspector of Police or his Nominee.
III. Deputy District Educational Officer or his Nominee.
09. The members of the Special Flying Squads are empowered to go round the various examination centres between 11.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. and move into the halls to supervise effective conduct of examinations and to exercise all the powers for conduct of the Test including booking the cases of Malpractice. The member of Flying Squad to report to the coordinator for Polytechnic Common Entrance Test POLYCET-2016 on 27-04-2016 (Wednesday) at 9.00 A.M. positively.
10. The Director of School Education, Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Commissioner of Intermediate Education / Secretary, Board of Intermediate Education, A.P. Hyderabad, and the Director General of Police, A.P. Hyderabad, Commissioners of Police, Superintendents of Police and District Collectors concerned are requested to depute the required personnel to form special Invigilation squad with instructions to assist the Officers of Technical Education Department and other officers deputed, for orderly conduct of Polytechnic Common Entrance Test -2016.
11. The Director General of Police, A.P., Hyderabad is requested to issue instructions to the Superintendents of Police to make necessary arrangements for deputing a suitable person to act as Special Flying Squad member and to arrange for posting of Six (6) Police constables at each Test Centre.
12. The Caste Certificate belonging to Scheduled Tribe (S.T) candidates enclosed to the applications for admission, requires verification and clearance by the Tribal Welfare Department during the process of counseling /admission. Therefore, the Principal Secretary to Government, Tribal Welfare Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh is requested to issue suitable general instructions to the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad to depute their Field Officers for verification of genuineness of the Scheduled Tribe (S.T) Certificates.
4. The Chairperson, State Board of Technical Education & Training and Commissioner of Collegiate Education & Technical Education, A.P., Hyderabad shall take further action accordingly.