Government in the reference G.O.Ms No.556, PR & RD (RD-II) Dept, dt.16.12.2006, issued guidelines for the implementation of the Financial Inclusion Pilot Project by using the Smart Card Technology for the payment of wages under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
orders were issued for scaling up the Financial Inclusion Project through the Smart Card Technology in Warangal, Karimnagar, Medak, Mahabubnagar, Chittoor and East Godavari Districts and subsequently extended the project to all other remaining Districts of the State under MGNREGS.
with a view to achieve transparency and optimum utilization of the funds under MGNREGS, orders were issued for the implementation of the Central Fund Management System ( CFMS) as a Financial Management package for MGNREGS and the same is being implemented in all the (22) Districts of the State with effect from 15.02.2010.
orders were issued allocating the Districts to Nodal Banks ie., State Bank of Hyderabad, Axis Bank, Andhra Bank, ICICI Bank, Union Bank of India and Corporation Bank under Central Fund Management System.
The Commissioner, Rural Development, in the reference fifth cited has informed that consequent to the revoking of the area allotted to Andhra Bank, UBI, SBI, Indian Bank, Punjab National Bank, ING Visya Bank and SBH from the Smart Card Project, due to their unsatisfactory performance, he has proposed re-allotment of area of operation to the Department of Posts, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and APGVB for disbursement of wages. Further, the Commissioner, RD after due consultation with the bankers, service providers and other stake holders, to reduce delay in transfer of funds and to facilitate direct credit through INTRA transactions to the wage seekers’ A/Cs, has submitted the following modifications to change the existing procedure of wage payment :
- The current process of crediting the FTOs in to the pooling accounts of the paying agencies shall be dispensed with. The wage amounts shall be directly credited into wage seeker account from nodal account.
- Four participating smart card banks, Viz, Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank, Axis Bank, Corporation Bank and ICICI bank will be made Nodal Banks to the extent of the area allotted to them.
- The Department will continue to have its nodal account in State Bank of Hyderabad for remitting funds to HPO accounts of DoP.
- In the new system multiple credits will take place for one debit.
- The current naming nomenclatures like pay order, electronic pay order and fund transfer order will be discontinued.
- For identification of the wage payable to a wage seeker there will be only one unique 16 digit reference number termed as fund transfer order.
- Single wage seeker payment =1 EPO = 1 FTO
- Every single payment should be disbursed after separate Biometric authentication and Partial withdrawal option will not be provided to Wage seeker.
- All disbursement data shall hit directly to MGNREGS server in real-time.
The Government after careful consideration of the proposals submitted by the Commissioner, Rural Development, hereby accord permission for re-allotment of nodal banks duly aligning the area of operation served by the paying agencies for facilitating direct credit to the wage seekers A/C through the INTRA transactions. The statement of re-allotment of Nodal banks is enclosed as Annexure-1, and the statement of district-wise allotments made as per the smart card system is enclosed as Annexure-II.
7. The TCS Hyderabad shall send the Fund Transfer Orders to the Nodal Banks as per the above re-allotment, and care should be taken to see that all the wage payments are sent through INTRA/GRPT only.
8. The Nodal Banks shall expedite the process of implementation of above revised Electronic Fund Management System (CFMS) in the respective Districts by 01.05.2014.
9. The Commissioner, Rural Development shall arrange for the software integration and place funds in the Nodal Banks for operationalising CFMS as per the Annexures enclosed
|STATEMENT OF REALLOTMENT OF DISTRICTS TO NODAL BANKS|
|S.N||Name of the Nodal bank||S.N||Districts Allotted||No.of GPS Covered||GPs covered in District (Full/Part)||Total No.of GPS covered by Nodal bank|
Annexure – 2
|STATEMENT SHOWING DISTRICT WISE ALLOTMENTS MADE AS PER THE SMART CARD SYSTEM|
|S.No||District Name||Name of the Nodal bank||Paying Agency||No. of GPS|
|Corporation Bank||Corporation Bank||407|
* DOP = Department of Post Office
G.O.Ms No. 89 Dated.02.05.2014.
1. G.O.Ms No.556, PR & RD (RD-II) Dept, dt.16.12.2006.
2. G.O.Ms No.451, PR & RD (RD-II) Dept, dt.04.10.2007.
3. G.O.Ms No.406, PR & RD (RD-II) Dept, dt.29.12.2009.
4. G.O.Ms No.6, PR & RD (RD-II) Dept, dt.06.01.2011.
5. Proposals of the Commissioner, RD, Hyd in file No.2485/Fin /EGS/2013 Dt.19.04.2014