The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, A.P., Hyderabad in his letter has stated that 32 NDPL/Spurious liquor cases were booked in the Districts of Guntur (6), Prakasam (3), Nellore (11), Chittoor (5), and Kadapa (7) during the elections to the local bodies and General elections 2014. The list of
cases is annexed. Further ( 87) persons have been arrested so far . Charge sheets have been filed in 10 cases and some key accused from other states are yet be arrested. The modus operandi in the above 32 cases is similar like using fake labels and brand names like Impact, Big People and Besto, etc. These supplies were meant for the voters and entire operation was done in an organized manner. Since the NDPL/Spurious liquor supply endanger the lives of the people, these are very serious crimes.
2. The Commissioner of Prohibition and Excise, AP, Hyderabad has further stated that the above crimes have interstate ramifications and the persons involved in the racket belong to Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka States which require co- ordinated and concentrated efforts by a specialized investigating agency like Crime Investigation Department, A.P., Hyderabad. The Crime Investigation Department Hyderabad is the premier investigating agency in the state to investigate specialized crimes and to nab the interstate criminals. The Crime Investigation Department is also having professional capability to investigate organized crimes as mentioned above.
3. The Commissioner of Prohibition and Excise, AP, Hyderabad has enclosed the list of cases and requested to transfer the above 32 cases to Crime
Investigation Department (CID), Andhra Pradesh Hyderabad for further investigation and to nab the interstate criminals.
4. After careful examination of the report of the Commissioner of Prohibition and Excise, AP, Hyderabad, Government have decided to entrust these cases to the Crime Investigation Department for detailed investigation since private persons are involved in these cases and that the NDPL / spurious liquor has serious health hazards and endanger the lives of the people.
5. The Addl. Director General, Crime Investigation Department, Hyderabad is therefore requested to cause thorough investigation into these organized crimes and submit report to Government. He is also requested to examine the necessity of entrusting any of these cases to CBI, for investigation and send such proposals to the Government, if necessary.
6. The Commissioner of Prohibition and Excise, AP, Hyderabad is requested to render all assistance including handing over of entire connected case records to the Addl. Director General, CID, AP Hyderabad for expeditious and proper investigation.
7. The Addl. Director General, CID, AP, Hyderabad is requested to complete the investigation within a period of (2) months and submit a detailed report along with his findings & recommendations for taking further action in the matter.
8. This order issues with the concurrence of Home Dept vide their U.O.No. 206/Prl Secy, Home / 2014, dt.08.07.2014.
G.O.Ms.No. 270 Dated:9th July, 2014
From the Commissioner of Prohibition and Excise, A.P., Hyderabad
Cr. No. 280/2014/DOE/B1, Dt: 03.07.2014