As a follow up to the two rounds of Village Level Water Resource Model in NeeruPragathi Campaigns and based on the feedback during the JanmabhoomiMaavooru Programme, with a view to generate awareness on water issues at grass root level, it has been decided to create and maintain Village Level Water Resource Model (VLWRM) in all the Gram Panchayats of the State.
The Village Level Water Resource Model is envisaged to depict to all the static water resources –
Rivers, Streams, Tanks, Check Dams, Percolation Tanks, Farm Ponds, other water harvesting structures, etc as well as the data on dynamic water resources i.e., rainfall and ground water levels.
2. In order to give effect to the above mentioned decision in a time bound manner, following instructions are issued Village Level Water Resource Model:
1) A District Level Committee chaired by District Collector with the following Officers as Members:
i) Superintending Engineer, Water Resource Dept & District Water Resource Officer.
ii) Project Director, DWMA
iii) Project Director, D.R.D.A
iv) Deputy Director, Ground Water Dept.
v) Project Director, APMIP. shall be responsible to plan, co-ordinate and complete the task in their respective districts by 15th March, 2016.
2) The Village Level Water Resource Model (VLWRM) shall be planned and finalised by bringing together and super imposing the relevant information available with all the concerned departments.
3) The Model thus developed will be displayed permanently on a flexi-board or a wall painting at a convenient place in the Village. The flexi-board/wall painting should not be of a size of less than
4ft by 4ft.
4) Commissioner, Rural Development shall allow an expenditure of Rs.10,000/- per Gram Panchayat from MGNREGS funds for this project.
5) The Village Level Water Resource Model thus developed and affixed / painted shall be maintained by the Women Self Help Groups / Village Organisations (VOs).
6) The SHGs/VOs shall be responsible for writing/updating State/District/Mandal/Village information for rainfall and ground water table on a daily basis. The CEO, SERP is requested to take up the required communication and training for the same.
3. In view of the critical nature of the project for creation of awareness on water issues among the people, the District Collectors are requested to take up the project on a campaign mode and complete the same by 15th
4. A sample VLWRM prepared for Velagaleru Village, G.Kondur Mandal, Krishna district is enclosed for guidance and ready reference.
G.O.Rt.No.140, Dated:21.02.2016. Read the following: 1. G.O.Ms.No.99, Water Resources (CAD) Dept., dt.23.09.2015. 2. G.O.Rt.No.213, Water Resources (CAD) Dept., dt. 04-12-2015