During the Video Conference held on 19-10-2012 by the Chief Secretary on MSP operations of cotton for the year 2012-2013, it was decided to constitute State Level Committee to monitor and implement Price Support Operations for cotton in the cotton growing districts.
2. Accordingly, Government hereby constitute the State Level Committee with the following members to oversee the MSP Operations of cotton for the cotton season 2012-13.
1. Spl.CS/Principal Secretary to Government, (AM&C) Agriculture & Cooperation Department – Chairman
2. Spl.CS/Principal Secretary to Government, Revenue (Land)Dept. – Member
3. Commissioner & Director of Agricultural Marketing – Convener
4. Commissioner & Director of Agriculture – Member
5. Director General of Fire Services – Member
6. Dy. General Manager, CCI, Adilabad – Member
7. Dy. General Manager, CCI, Warangal – Member
8. Dy. General Manager, CCI, Guntur – Member
9. A Representative of NAFED – Member
10. Managing Director, MARKFED – Member
12. A Representatives of Spot Exchange
Joint Managing Director, A.P. TRANSCO –
3. The functions of the committee are :-
1. Monitor price movements of cotton
2. Liaise with Cotton Corporation of India and NAFED and see that these agencies enter market to maintain MSP for cotton
3. Issue necessary directions to District Level Committees for smooth conduct of MSP operations and for regulation of arrivals of cotton into market yards.
4. The committee shall meet once in a fortnight or more frequently based on need.
5. The Commissioner and Director of Agricultural Marketing, A.P. Hyderabad is requested to take action accordingly.
AGRICULTURE AND CO-OPERATION (AM-IV) DEPARTMENT