Orders were issued constituting the Andhra Pradesh Society for Protection and Empowerment of Women and Children(APSPEWC), for protection, socio-cultural, political and economic empowerment of women and children and to promote gender equity, access to quality services and opportunities for building an equitable society through convergence and partnership.
The Government of India, Ministry of Women & Child Development, informed the launching of National Mission for Empowerment of Women (NMEW) and requested the State Government to establish State Mission Authority for Empowerment of Women and the State Resource Centre for Women for operationalising the National Mission and taking the National Mission for Empowerment of Women (NMEW) mandate forward.
In order to establish the State Mission Authority as suggested by the Government of India, it is decided to slightly modify the composition of the State Steering Committee of the A.P.Society for Protection and Empowerment of Women and Children and to notify the State Steering Committee as the State Mission Authority, besides modification of the composition of the District Level Societies. Accordingly, the following amendments are issued to the G.O.Ms.No.22, WD,CW&DW(WP.A2) Department, dated. 31-08-2009.
(1) para 6.I(i) shall be substituted with the following, namely:-
The State Steering Committee shall be headed by Hon’ble Chief Minister as Chairperson with Minister (WCD&SC) as Vice Chairperson and Ministers for Finance & Planning; Micro and Small & Medium Industries; Revenue, Environment & Forests, Law & Justice; Agriculture; Cooperation; Home, Labour & Employment, Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, School Education, Rural Development; Sarvasiksha Abhiyan; Panchayat Raj; Civil Supplies; HM&FW; Social Welfare; Tribal Welfare; Housing, B.C.Welfare and Minority Welfare; Chairperson, State Planning Board; Chairperson, State Commission for Women; Eminent Civil Society Members to be nominated by Hon’ble C.M., in consultation with Minster (WCD&SC) as Members of the State Steering Committee.
(2) In para 6.I(ii), after the words “The Executive Board would be headed by” the words “Chief Secretary as the Chairperson” shall be substituted; and after the words “Commissioner, (Women Development & Child Welfare) or as notified by Government as Convenor & CEO”, the words “ Director, Juvenile Welfare & Correctional Services as Addl.CEO’’ shall be added.
(3) In para 6.I(iii), after the words “…..Secretaries of Finance..” and “Commissioner, Rural Development..”, the following shall be added, namely,
“Secretary, Planning Dept., and Managing Director, A.P.Women’s Cooperative Finance Corporation.”
(4) In para 6.II (i), after the words “….Chairman of the Zilla Parishad will be the Vice Chairman”, the following shall be added, namely;
“Members of Parliament (MPs) and Chairpersons of the Urban Local Bodies as the Members.”
1. G.O.Ms.No.22, WD,CW &DW (WP.A2)Dept.,dt.31.08.2009
2. From the Govt.of India, Ministry of Women & Child Development, New Delhi, Lr.No.4-2/2010-WW, dt.22-04-2010 & 27-4-2012.