Government of Andhra Pradesh have decided to continue the Apathbandhu Accident Insurance Scheme for the Below Poverty Line [BPL] families in Andhra Pradesh for a further period of one year from
02.11.2012 to 01.11.2013. In response to the Government advertisement
calling for bids, M/s. New India Assurance Company Limited., Secunderabad, among others, has submitted their bid vide reference 1st read above.
A three member committee constituted in the reference second read above, have examined the bids of the tenderers and in the reference , had recommended M/s. New India Assurance Company Limited, Secunderabad, which quoted the Lowest bid @ Rs.24,39,07,001/-.
As against the annual provision of Rs.20,11,17,000/- in the annual Budget for financial year 2012-13, the Finance (Exp.Rev.) Dept., issued Budget Release Orders (BROs) for the 1st and 2nd quarters @ Rs.5,09,79,000/- each, in the reference . The Finance (Exp.Rev.) Dept., in the reference has issued the BRO for a sum of Rs.14,33,49,000/- (Budget provision for 3rd and 4th quarters amounting to Rs.10,05,59,000/- and additional requirement of Rs.4,27,90,000/-), towards payment to M/s New India Assurance Company Limited, Secunderabad.
The Government, after examining the matter have decided to implement the scheme by paying a premium of Rs.24,39,07,000/- (Rupees Twenty four crore thirty nine lakh and seven thousand only) to M/s The New India Assurance Company Limited, Secunderabad, for minimum coverage of 6000 cases with no ceiling cap @ Rs.50,000/- per case.
The Government would initially be paying the premium of Rs.24,39,07,000/- for 6000 cases and once the target is nearing completion, on the basis of number of cases expected, additional premium will be paid on pro-rata basis.
The nature of deaths covered under the Scheme shall be as follows:-
1. Deaths resulting from break down of Law and Order / Riots and acts of the State in the restoration of Law and Order, excluding deaths arising out of faction fights.
2. Deaths of passengers in accident caused or resulting from operation of passenger carrying vehicles owned / hired by APSRTC or deaths caused or resulting from operation of any other vehicles including deaths of pedestrians caused by all such vehicles.
3. Deaths resulting from accident to water borne vessels such as boats etc., while they are plying.
4. Deaths on account of floods, cyclones, storms, thunderbolt inundation, etc.
5. Deaths on account of collapse of buildings / bridges.
6. Deaths on account of fire accidents.
7. Deaths on account of electrocution.
8. Deaths on account of extremist violence.
9. Deaths resulting from attacks / atrocities against S.Cs / S.Ts.
10. Murder and death of women on account of rape, molestation etc.,
11. Deaths on account of earthquakes.
12. The Toddy Tappers, who die due to accidental fall, are covered under “Apathbandhu” scheme as it is an accidental death. If the case is covered under the Excise Department Insurance Scheme, then it will not be considered under Apathbandhu.
13. People, who die due to drowning, also are covered under“Apathbandhu” scheme, as it is an accidental death.
14. Death due to Rabies / Dog bite is also covered under “Apathbandhu” scheme subject to the condition that the dog bite has taken place during the policy period and the death of person has occurred within 12 months of the dog bite and subject to post-mortem report.
15. Death due to snake bite or due to attack by wild animals is also covered under “Apathbandhu” scheme, as these are accidents, subject to post-mortem report or Medical certificate from the Doctor not below the rank of Asst. Civil Surgeon.
16. Deaths caused due to Sun Stroke during Heat wave conditions.
17. Any other accidental deaths, not specifically excluded.
The following nature of deaths are not covered under the Scheme:-
1. Self injury, suicide or attempted suicide.
2. Death while under the influence of alcoholic drinks or drugs.
3. Engaging in aviation activities other than travelling as passenger
(in a duty licensed standard type aircraft) anywhere in the world.
4. Venereal diseases or insanity.
5. Death while committing any breach of law with criminal intent.
6. War and allied perils.
7. Nuclear Explosion.
8. Pregnancy, Child birth or consequences thereof.
9. Service on duty with armed forces.
6. Sanction is hereby accorded for an amount of Rs.24,39,07,000/- (Rupees Twenty four crore thirty nine lakh and seven thousand only) to M/s The New India Assurance Company Limited, Secunderabad, towards payment of insurance premium to provide the insurance coverage to the Below Poverty Line families (White Ration Card holders/Anthyodaya/ Annapurna Card holders) of the State in case of accidental death in the family during the period of one year 2.11.2012 to 1.11.2013.
7. The expenditure accorded in para (6) shall be met in relaxation of Treasury Control Orders and Quarterly Regulation Oders and debited to the following Head of Account:-
2235 – Social Security and Welfare
60 – Other Social Security and Welfare Programmes
MH – 200 – Other Programmes
SH – (20) – Assistance to Below Poverty Line families under
Accident Insurance Scheme (Apathbandhu)
310 – Grants – in – aid
312 – Other Grants – in – aid
8. The Assistant Secretary to Government & DDO, Revenue (DM.IV- Claims) Dept., shall draw and disburse the amount of Rs.24,39,07,000/- (Rupees Twenty four crore thirty nine lakh and seven thousand only) to M/s The New India Assurance Company Limited, Secunderabad, through a cheque on or before 2.11.2012.
9. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (Exp.Rev) Dept. vide their U.O. No.28793/463/A2/Exp.Rev/12, dated:26.10.2012.