Government of AP have appointed an Agama Advisory Board with eleven (11) members for a period of five (5) years. The term of the earlier Agama Advisory Board has expired.
2. Government, hereby constitute a new Agama Advisory Board with the following members for a period of five (05) years:-
1. Sri Chirravuri Sree Rama Sarma … Chairman
West Godavari District.
2. Sri Viswanatha Gopalakrishna Sastry, … Sanskrit
Principal, Oriental College,
Rajahmundry, East Godavari District.
3. Sri Nalluri Ramachandra Bhattacharyulu, … Vaikhanasa
Upa Pradhana Archaka,
Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple,
Mangalagiri, Guntur District.
4. Sri Mortha Sitaramacharyulu, … Pancharatra
Pradhana Archaka (Retd.),
Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy
5. Sri S.M.K.Sada Siva, Gurukul, …Saiva
Pradhana Archaka (Retd.)
Sri Kalahasteeswara Swamy Temple,
Srikalahasti, Chittoor District.
6. Sri Revanna Siddanthi, …Veera Saiva
R/o Municipal Colony,
Kurnool Town and District.
7. Sri Jagannadha Sastry, President, …Vydika Smartha
Vaidika Sastra Parishad,
West Godavari District.
8. Sri Chilakapati Tirumalachari, …Chattada Sri Vaishnava
Lecturer (Retd.), Sahitya Shiromani,
Tirumala Dharmagiri Vedapatasala,
H.No.1-66/4, Swarnamukhi Nagar,
Thiruchanoor, Tirupati, Chittoor District.
9. Sri Raja S.Giri Aachaarya, …Tantrasara
Panditya Kesari, Vyasa Ashramam Circle,
Mantralayam, Kurnool District.
10. Sri Raghavaiah, Archaka, … Grama Deveta
Poleramma Temple, Alloor (V), Nelore District.
11. Sri L.Subrahmanya Siddhanti, …Jyothishyam Almanac Writer for Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam
3. The following are the terms and conditions of the Agama Advisory Board appointed in para 2 above.
1) Assist Commissioner, Endowments in conducting Archaka examinations in Pravara, Vara and Pravesa categories in all the Agamas.
2) Review existing syllabus, and if necessary, make further improvements to strengthen Agama learning.
3) Assist the Director of State Institute of Temple Administration in undertaking various training programs to improve the knowledge levels and quality of work of archakas in different Agamas.
4) Advise the Commissioner in religious matters which are referred to them from time to time.
5) The tenure of the Agama Advisory Board will be 5 years.
6) Advisory Board will meet once in a year. Commissioner can request the Chairman of the Advisory Board to convene meetings whenever required.
7) The membership of Advisory Board is honorary. Advisors will be paid a sitting allowance of Rs.3,000/- when they meet once in a year.
8) Advise Commissioner in any matter pertaining to Agamas, Vaasthu, Jyothishyam etc.
9) Commissioner will make arrangements for their transport, lodging and boarding whenever they meet. Alternately the Commissioner will pay a suitable amount if official arrangements are not made.
10) Commissioner can also call for the services of any specific expert in a particular religious subject and utilize such services to meet any specific requirement of the department.
4. The Commissioner, Endowments Department shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.