Amendments – Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Theatre Awards Regulations
Government after careful examination hereby issues the following amendments to the existing Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Theatre Awards Regulations.
1. The Nataka Samajams should submit script in Telugu DTP printing with spiral binding along with entry form with signatures of story writer and organizer of the Nataka Samajam. Once the script submitted to the Corporation as entry for Nandi Theatre Awards, the respective Nataka samajam should not change the story and roles at the time of performance being given before the Scrutiny Panel. A suitable undertaking/ declaration clause may be incorporated in the existing Regulations being taken by the organizer of the Nataka Samajams and writer as follows:
“I hereby declare that I will not make any alterations or modifications in
Script submitted to the Corporation at the time of scrutiny of our theatrical play”
2. A Committee will be constituted with 4 eminent theatre personalities for script scrutiny (for 4 categories i.e., Padyanatakam, Social play, Social Play-let and Children Social Play-let) to scrutinize and select better scripts for conducting scrutiny of Nandi Theatre Awards. Remuneration of Rs. 5000/- may be paid to each member of Script Scrutiny Committee. The decision of the Corporation is final in selecting / rejecting of scripts. The registration fee paid will not be refunded to the Nataka Samajam. No further correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
3. In the case of Padya Natakam, the nataka samajams shall be permitted to give their padya natakam for scrutiny not more than three times whether selected for final competition or not. Once the padya natakam gets best production award (1st, 2nd, 3rd production) the same nataka samajam shall not submit the same padyanatakam again for entry in future.
4. The nataka samajams shall submit scripts to the Corporation preferably interlaced with the following socially relevant themes:
Family Welfare, AIDS, Child Labour, environmental protection including green revolution, empowerment of women, national integration, communal harmony, girl child, Dalit empowerment, child labour and marriages, civic sense, school dropouts, ethics and family values social access; equity and justice etc.
(A) PROCEDURE FOR CONDUCTING SCRUTINY OF THEATRICAL PLAYS FOR SELECTION FOR FINAL COMPETITIONS
(1) All the applicants shall be asked to furnish their applications with final DTP script with spiral binding along with CD of their theatrical play which was shot at a stretch without any break.
(2) The Corporation shall consider the theatrical plays (except padyanatakams) which were not selected in the earlier year’s scrutiny, provided the play has not been presented in any competition elsewhere. The burden of proof shall rest on the Nataka Samajam. In the event of any false declaration the entry is liable to be cancelled without any notice. In the event of any false declaration apart from cancellation of the entry the Corporation will also bar the “Natakasamajam” from contesting for the period of 2 years which will act as the deterrent for such false declaration of the entries.
(3) The process of scrutiny by deputing scrutiny judges be dispensed with. In its place, a script selection Committee could be constituted with 4 members (one member each for padyanatakam, Social Play, Social Play-let and Children Social Play-let respectively) who will select the scripts for scrutiny.The Government will have the powers to increase or decrease the number of scrutiny of judges depending on the circumstances and requirements. .
(4) The scrutiny Committee consisting of 3 members for each category will select that theatrical plays for final competitions by viewing the CDs submitted by the applicants. The number of scrutiny members shall be increased depending on circumstances and situations to 6 members maximum.
(5) Minor lapses viz., presentation timing falling short of few minutes (less than 5 minutes) shall be overlooked in the event if the presentation is good in all other respects
(B) NTR RANGASTHALA PURASKARAM SELECTION PROCEDURE:
(1) The selection of panel for consideration of names and recommending for the NTR Rangasthala Puraskaram shall comprise of persons from other walks of life relevant to the theatre and at the same time giving due preference to NTR Rangasthala Puraskaram Award winners. But, however, the Government shall relax this requirements depending on circumstances and requirements.
(2) The Committee constituted for selection of the NTR Rangasthala Puraskaram shall consider the name of the persons from all sections viz., Actors, Writers, Directors, Technicians etc., of Telugu theatre.
BEST BOOK ON THEATRE SELECTION PROCEDURE:
The Selection Committee for selection of Best Book on Theatre shall comprise of research oriented persons and Academicians for Theatre field.
(D) GUIDELINES FOR APPOINTMENT OF SCRUTINY PANEL AND FINAL JURY
(1) The scrutiny and final presentations shall have to be conducted as per fixed schedule and to the extent possible, postponement shall be avoided.
(2) Persons without any theatre experience shall not be appointed on the scrutiny panel or as final jury member.
(3) The appointment should be made in a such a way that once appointed a person shall be eligible to be appointed after a lapse of five years from last appointment
(4) The panel should be adequately represented from all sections of Telugu theatre personalities, preferably Nandi Award winners.
(5) Detailed guidelines for the scrutiny and final jury should be drawn up and clear instructions be given to the scrutiny panel members and final jury members to follow them scrupulously
(6) A person having not less than 10 years related experience in the Telugu Theatre be considered for appointment as member on the scrutiny panel or final jury.
(7) Orientation programme may be conducted for the scrutiny panel suggesting guidelines for selection of theatre plays for the final competition.
(8 The Scrutiny panel as well as final Judges should record their observations and views very clearly in respect of all entries for and submit to the Corporation for future use.
(9) The Scrutiny as well as final jury members shall give an undertaking that they will select plays/awardees strictly as per the guidelines.