PANCHAYAT RAJ AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (RD.III)DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. Dated:02.11.2012. Read the Following:-
1. APWALTA, Rules, 2004.
2. G.O.Ms.No.47, PR&RD(RD.IV) DEPT., Dt:03-03-2003.
3. U.O.Note.No.12371/M.I(2)/2012, Dt:09-10-2012 of Prl.Secy, I & C(MINES-I)Dept., addressed to Prl.Secy, RD along with draft New Sand Policy, 2012.
4. Govt.,Memo.1237/MI(2)/2012, Dt:09-10-2012 of Prl.Secy, I & C(MINES-I)Dept., addressed to CRD., and Administrator, APWALTA – 2002.
In the reference third & fourth read above, the Industries and Commerce(Mines.I)Department have submitted the draft New Sand Policy, 2012 on 22-09-2012 to the Group of Ministers for consideration.
2. On the recommendations of the Group of Ministers on New Sand Mining Policy, it was decided that necessary modifications/ amendments/incorporation should be made in the APWALTA, Rules, 2004. Among other issues it has been decided that certain guidelines/clarifications shall be issued immediately on regulation of Sand Mining at Village Level and Mining in Pattalands pending modifications/ Amendments/incorporation of Rules.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter, in view of the urgency hereby issues the following Guidelines.
a) Regulation of Sand Mining up-to 3rd order Systems:
– The “local use” shall mean – use for “own purposes”
only and not for commercial purpose.
– “Gram Panchayat” shall be the regulating Authority at Village
level and Panchayat Secretary shall issue permits for sand
Mining and maintain records.
– transportation by Tractors is permitted.
b) Mining in pattalands:-
– Sand Mining in pattalands falling within riverbed area shall be banned.
– In other areas, Pattadar shall apply to Agriculture officer concerned for Sand decasting in his land and based on the report of Agriculture Officer, the Mandal Revenue Officer will issue permission for decasting of sand. However, sale of sand shall be subject to APMMC Act & Rules 1996.
c) Transportation of sand shall be permitted only on a way bill or transit slip issued by the Gram Panchayat Panchayat Secretary subject to the requirement with in the Gram Panchayat and If any excess quantity of sand is available, way bill or transit slip can issued duly indicating the ‘source’ and ‘destination’ of sand within the mandal.
The Commissioner, Rural Development & Administrator APWALTA shall take necessary action for modifications/ amendments/ incorporation of rules immediately.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)